Thread: Gmk

Gmk

Does anybody have any contacts in gmk?
    ive been waiting, that is my firearms shop has been waiting, for 9 weeks now for parts for a tikka bolt.
    I could understand perhaps a 2-3 week wait but 9 weeks!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

SD Regular
    In the past I've just rung them up direct. The lady that answers the 'phone is very knowledgeable about whom you call should be then routed to. Hope it helps. It may be I suspect that the useless Proof House has an "input" on this and it may be the bolt is "awaiting some otherwise unemployable Brummie to get off their idle arse" or somesuch.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 10-10-2016 at 17:38.

It's just the extraction claw, pin and spring that I need so hopefully nothing needing the proof house input.
    ill try calling them tomorrow.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Some years ago I was quoted 12 weeks by GMK for a stock screw/bolt for a Sako , I F Thomson made and fitted one
    while they had the rifle the floated the barrel and glass bedded the action, they also touched up the crown, total time 5 days.

I found GMK totally useless and un helpful when I contacted them about a beretta shotgun needless to say I'll never purchase anything supplied via GMK again.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

They are crap-I was quoted a 5 month wait and 500 for a 695 bolt (don't ask ) many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    They are crap-I was quoted a 5 month wait and 500 for a 695 bolt (don't ask ) many years ago.
    Mainly because Tikka will not supply ( or should not ) without the rifle being returned to check correct head spacing, this is a policy worldwide, to replace a bolt usually costs half the price of a new rifle ( I recently did a quote for a client) and in the UK I bet they would want to proof it as well, and yes GMK are a shower of sxxt, next to useless on warranty claims.

I had an issue with a sako quad 22 LR.

I rang the Gmk office the lady receptionist put me through to Paul in the workshop and it was sorted straightaway

give Paul a ring, if nothing else, he tells it as it is,

good luck

phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    I had an issue with a sako quad 22 LR.

I rang the Gmk office the lady receptionist put me through to Paul in the workshop and it was sorted straightaway

give Paul a ring, if nothing else, he tells it as it is,

good luck

phil
    +1 on this can't say enough good things about him, he's knowledgeable, fast and very efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Surprisingly I did a insurance quote today for a replacement T3 bolt, $800. We are selling rifles for $1299.00, this includes scope ( very cheap ) bi pod and rifle slip. Delivery time for the bolt minimum of 3 months.
    The rifle will then need checking for head space , total bill will be around $1000 , DON,T LOSE YOUR BOLT
    Last edited by Taff; 12-10-2016 at 09:24.