Thread: Subaru Forester

Subaru Forester

Does anyone us a subaru forester diesel version i am considering one instead of a freelander 2 this is now on its last warning after three call outs from the aa.

All the local pikeys seem to like them. And you never see them in a freeloader, that says enough to me...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I did exactly what you are thinking of, had it for 17 months and 29k miles without a problem. Mpg on a recent trip to Germany was 44. A bit lower clearance than the FL2 so you have to be careful. I got the diesel auto.

Get the 2.0 Xt (Turbo / Petrol) & sod the MPG - in a Subaru it stands for Miles per Grin.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Ive already had a legacy turbo estate best car ive ever owned it had to go because of the fuel it only hade 175k on the clock and never any issues guy i sold it to broke the gearbox at 245k engine still good

I bought a two litre petrol Forester in 2003 and kept it for thirteen years. It never missed a beat. Superb reliability.
    As an off road vehicle, the Forester is limited by its ground clearance and the 'overhang', particularly at the front.

As a car for the open road but with off-road capability, I could not fault it.

Be careful what you buy as spares for the older models are becoming a problem and some of the prices asked are a pure rip-off.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

Lancs / Cumbria Border
    Be careful with pre 2009 diesels, there is a well known issue with the first version of the boxer diesel engine, giving sudden and unexpected engine failure - crank oil feed issue, which was redesigned in vs2 boxer engines.

I considered a diesel Legacy before settling on something else due to the unknown with the fault.

Ive had several petrol scoobies before and love them, but just dont trust the early diesels - they used the same engine in Impreza, Legacy and Forester

just go all out and get yourself a impreza the rally boys seem to get on really well with them off road so why shouldnt you