Venison scotch eggs

Ok you didn't want to deep fry them .....what bout quick flash fry to get colour then if you have a vac pac bag seal them without crushing and stick em in water bath to. Temperature?

Paul

Ok you didn't want to deep fry them .....what bout quick flash fry to get colour then if you have a vac pac bag seal them without crushing and stick em in water bath to. Temperature?

Paul
nice idea, using a sous vide, hadn't thought of that. Cheers.

Sous vide ...!
That's the word I was looking for but went straight out my head .....still need to flash fry to get colour I think tho ?

Paul

Any more ideas?
I mince venison shoulder with some herbs and a couple of rashes of smoked bacon, do your eggs one of those little silicon egg timers are brilliant go for soft eggs straight into ice water peel them asap wrap with about 1 cm of your venison mic then I coat in a flour and paprika mix egg dip then panko breadcrumbs deep fry 4 and half minutes two at a time at oil temp 180 really impressed my pals love them

I cold-smoke soft-boiled quail eggs, then wrap them with the minced meat. Once they've had the egg and breadcrumb treatment I bake them with olive oil and paprika. They get basted with the oil and the paprika gives them colour :thumb:

I cold-smoke soft-boiled quail eggs, then wrap them with the minced meat. Once they've had the egg and breadcrumb treatment I bake them with olive oil and paprika. They get basted with the oil and the paprika gives them colour :thumb:
HMMMM I Missed lunch today and that sounds lovely. i will be up to yours for tea time:D. Thanks Woodsmoke i keep quail and during the summer i am swimming in wee eggs. must try this out as i can taste already
ATB Tommy

Thanks Woodsmoke i keep quail and during the summer i am swimming in wee eggs

Aren't they amazing? They're just so rich and creamy in comparison to even the best hen or duck egg. If you can old-smoke some I highly recommend it, even if you don't then turn them into Scotch Eggs. A smoked quail egg is a culinary delight!

Back