Hello from Canada

RyanJM

Hello,
My name is Ryan and I have been hunting more that half my life. I found this site after picking up a rifle from an elderly neighbour. Thought I'd join another forum and do some learning.

I work for a university and operate a ballistic and blast testing lab among other things. We have a good working relationship with Imperial College in London with some of our research. Gotta do something fun for work right?

Enough about me, I'll introduce you to the rifle. It's a beautiful BSA Featherweight in 30'06. I have the elusive 'I' B stamp. (I was going to show a picture, but I can't add links yet.)

This is what I've learned about that:

However, we have been made aware, by a contributor, of two contemporary rifles, that each carry what certainly appears to be the letter "I" in the left quadrant (as in Fig.II above). This would suggest that "I" as well as "Q" was no longer deemed to be ambiguous, as had previously been the case with the Fig.1 stamp configuration. There is therefore an undeniable possibility that year letters after 1958 may each represent dates that should be advanced one year, with "Z" falling in 1975, although this would then conflict with the 1975 commencement of the next series.

My brother in law is from Bath, and there's no way in hell he's moving back...

I am fortunate to live in such a big wild place.

I grew up in the south Okanagan and my parents and other family still lives there. I've lived in Kelowna since 1999.

Back