Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC2 and Aw's BASC/BDS

DSC2 and Aw's BASC/BDS

Guys

If my DSC2 portfolio came via BASC, can I use an AW who is registered via the BDS?

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Guys

If my DSC2 portfolio came via BASC, can I use an AW who is registered via the BDS?

Ta
    He's an AW, i would have thought you can use who the hell you want.

Yes, mine was vice-versa, no problem.
    Cheers
    Richard

As above an AW is an AW - no differentiation as to which centre he/ she is affliated.
    Stalking and Courses http://www.stalkingschool.co.uk
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Yeah as said, no difference between AW's.
    However, one change with the new electronic portfolio is that the candidate will be allocated to an Assessor from their chosen assessment centre upon registration which should hopefully improve the level of guidance prior to and during the process, as each ICR will be assessed as it is submitted, and not all 3 at the end as it is currently.
    I'm guessing you have a Edition 6 paper one though?
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Yeah as said, no difference between AW's.
    However, one change with the new electronic portfolio is that the candidate will be allocated to an Assessor from their chosen assessment centre upon registration which should hopefully improve the level of guidance prior to and during the process, as each ICR will be assessed as it is submitted, and not all 3 at the end as it is currently.
    I'm guessing you have a Edition 6 paper one though?
    MS
    Mine ran out 2 years ago, didn't manage to get it completed, so need to reregister

Mine ran out 2 years ago, didn't manage to get it completed, so need to reregister
    Ah right. Then your next one will be electronic!
    This is interesting though, as evidence submitted must be less than 3 years old. So let's say you did 2 valid stalks just before your portfolio expired. When you re-register, you should be able to upload these as a scanned PDF document to your assessor. You would then only have to do one more stalk as long as you kept all 3 within the last 3 years prior to submission. I hope that makes sense? If not, PM me a phone number and we can discuss further.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Ah right. Then your next one will be electronic!
    This is interesting though, as evidence submitted must be less than 3 years old. So let's say you did 2 valid stalks just before your portfolio expired. When you re-register, you should be able to upload these as a scanned PDF document to your assessor. You would then only have to do one more stalk as long as you kept all 3 within the last 3 years prior to submission. I hope that makes sense? If not, PM me a phone number and we can discuss further.
    MS
    No such luck MS... anything I had signed off is now out of date... starting from scratch but I'm ok with that! lol

No such luck MS... anything I had signed off is now out of date... starting from scratch but I'm ok with that! lol
    Doh!
    If you register with the BDS our paths may cross!
    Always happy to advise either way.
    MS