Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First permission on the way?

First permission on the way?

Knowing all the farms round here are well and truly sewn up, I decided to "mailshot" a few golf courses last week with the offer of free pest control, just to see if I can progress my quest for some shooting.
    Had a phonecall this morning out of the blue from the manager at one of the courses "we haven't got any rabbits here"
    I think to myself "Oh well, here comes the knock back. Nice of him to call"
    "... But the foxes are a huge problem, I don't suppose you can help with that can you?"

I'm off to meet him this afternoon so he can show me round and sign my little permission form
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Slam Dunk!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

BADA BING well done m8,ripples and waves ,them there golfer,s talk to each other this could spread your good news.You just need a course where deer are eating the 19th hole and your sorted
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

There's munties on the course, but the fella said to leave them be... Give them a few years to breed and start eating his nice ornamental shrubs and maybe he'll change his mind!
    Anyway I'm all set now and feeling quite pleased with myself.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

your a lucky boy

Nice one Simon, hopefully more to come for you!

A friend of mine started shooting the rabbits on the local golf course here. He noticed that some saplings were damaged and was asked if he could shoot the deer! He has shot Muntjac, Roe and even a Red on there now! Golf courses also tend to have fairly wealthy visitors! Do a good job and you will undoubtedly get a foot in another door somewhere. Nice one!
    MS

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    There we go matey....I can lend you some golf clubs so you can take advantage of the greens being clear when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    There we go matey....I can lend you some golf clubs so you can take advantage of the greens being clear when you go.

Now golf is something I truly don't understand. But I'm hoping my own particular method will require less than the usual 3 or 4 par!
    What type of lamp is yours, by the way? I need to get myself something before the greenkeeper decides I'm not trying hard enough...
    Blog

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Mines a t67, if you want to use it let me know...I'll lend it to you until you decide what you want to do