Thread: A Lurker No More

A Lurker No More

Hello All,

After lurking (stalking?) around here for a number of years, I really got to appreciate the tone and content of the forum and now I've finally taken the plunge.

A short introduction: After a whole working life in Sweden I've recently returned to Australia. My partner and I have acquired 34 hectares (85 acres) of rolling grazing land in the South Mount Lofty Ranges on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula south of Adelaide. I have a Swedish hunting licence after passing the Swedish Hunting Exam and have hunted there (moose, roe deer and wild boar mostly) for many years and now I have obtained all the SA paperwork needed to keep up the game down under: firearms licence, hunting permit as well as a Wildlife Destruction Permit (in order to cull kangaroos on our property).

Hardware wise I'm a huge Sako fan and have four 85's and a Finnfire II in the safe. Three of these came with me from Europe - a novel experience to say the least - the others were purchased here in Oz. No exciting calibres, just the great Australian foursome: .22 LR, .223 Rem, .308 Win and a 12g. The only slightly exotic thing would be the .260 Rem. I actually have two .223's; a Varmint and a Laminated Stainless Hunter. This last one is doing duty as an all-weather Quad gun.

Cheers

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome,

Rory