Time for the Ditch Seat

Tim.243

The heavy rain this morning was not very inviting, however it did finally stop....
A quick trip along the headland track showed me there was enough for a shoot...
As it is just drilled ground I let the dog rest until a pick up later, where I wanted to shot was the opposite side I set up but a nest of 3 new houses made me pick the spot it did. The distance was safe but perceived distance on a Sunday and new people who have moved to the country side is never a guarantee for complaints..

I set up to shoot across the wind as not to rattle a small holding wood near by, the ditch was dry so I took my

" Ditch Seat" this one is my proto type from a very shot run a made up some time ago, short legs at the back long legs at the front with a little adjustment as well. works a treat for this situation.

The shooting started right away with 22 straight falling all over the place, I got to 40 then had pulled in all my plastic decoys and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon...

A good shot ratio 92 for 112 shots! After I cleared up I drove the short trip home to pick up the dog, Chip found 12 in the ditches which this year have not been flailed.

007_zpsizjqo4yg.jpg
008_zpsvjbnkij8.jpg
010_zpsn1a3hmth.jpg
009_zpsyijy4dab.jpg
011_zps7fqle0hq.jpg

Tim.243

Back