Thread: Ladies Trousers For Beating - Only Expensive?

Ladies Trousers For Beating - Only Expensive?

So then guys,

I've managed to convince my fine lady to come beating with me this year, she's already got a decent musto coat i got her but now she needs some decent trousers. My kit is mostly solognac which is cheap and efficient. However, trying to find something similar for lady fit is difficult.

For less than 50 what waterproof & thornproof trousers can i get her? Sportsman & outings have nothing suitable. Hiking clothing is usually too thin and will be cold and rip.

And idea guys? I didn't realise it was this hard to find stuff for women!

Thanks

P.s. My final option is getting her some chaps but am trying to avoid this route!

Depends what sort of beating I guess...across stubble and ploughed fields, through maize or other game crop, woodland, brambles, barbed wire?

I have ended up with Wearite leggings at 17 over The North Face zip off Paramount Peak ll trousers which combine to cope with the wet of the game crop and are oblivious to stingers and brambles. The trousers have managed ten years of getting over barbed wire fences without tearing...snagged many times but no tears, brilliant.

I use Meindl Dovre boots or the extreme cold weather army surplus boots. My fine lady wears the same leg coverings and either Meindl walking boots or Aigle Parcours Vario Outlast wellies. The Outlast version is the temperature control lining rather than neoprene.

Alan

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillips321 View Post
    So then guys,

I've managed to convince my fine lady to come beating with me this year, she's already got a decent musto coat i got her but now she needs some decent trousers. My kit is mostly solognac which is cheap and efficient. However, trying to find something similar for lady fit is difficult.

For less than 50 what waterproof & thornproof trousers can i get her? Sportsman & outings have nothing suitable. Hiking clothing is usually too thin and will be cold and rip.

And idea guys? I didn't realise it was this hard to find stuff for women!

Thanks

P.s. My final option is getting her some chaps but am trying to avoid this route!
    You've done the right thing by starting with a decent jacket and boots, but why avoid the chaps/leggings route? My wife takes our spaniels and picks up one or two days a week. Having tried breeks, etc she now wears comfortable jeans and leggings. Some of the Scandinavian companies also do women-specific clothing.

Most shooting clothing for women seems to be geared around the "peg fluff" end of the market.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!