Royal Welsh Agricultural Show July 19 - 22

Havent been for a few years not got any ponies to suit the judge but miss it like h--l every year im not there, the crafts and country part of the show are fantastic wish i were going this year, the draw back for me is it is so damd far from fife up here in scotland.If any one gets the chance go you wont regret it.

atb Beardy

Word champs in shearing will be held there this year. always worth a look

Beardy, a shame you can't be there. As you say, the hwyl really is quite something else! If you're a pony man then you will realise how, for that week only, the Sabbath moves to the Wednesday.

Nell - the shearing pavillion is a place like no other. Did you know that the Kiwi team do the haka before they take up the shears? They really do take it that seriously! The NSA restaurant at the back of the sheep breeds pavillion is THE place to go if you are properly into the show culture!

Both - if you have Sky or Freesat there will be hours of live coverage on S4C and S4C2.

Why not plan ahead and take the whole of July off next year? Start at the new show in Snowdonia - http://www.countrymanfairs.co.uk/north-wales-country-fair - and then conclude with a visit to Builth. See you there? :)

The Royal welsh
Not been to it for over 10 years now,used to luv watching the Mid wales axe team in action
Been thinking about going again next year, since the Royal Show has packed up
plus i could call in on all my mates on the way through,
had some wild nights drinking in those days all around Llandod + Builth especially when the show was on , the pubs never closed :thumb:

Beardy, a shame you can't be there. As you say, the hwyl really is quite something else! If you're a pony man then you will realise how, for that week only, the Sabbath moves to the Wednesday.

Nell - the shearing pavillion is a place like no other. Did you know that the Kiwi team do the haka before they take up the shears? They really do take it that seriously! The NSA restaurant at the back of the sheep breeds pavillion is THE place to go if you are properly into the show culture!

Both - if you have Sky or Freesat there will be hours of live coverage on S4C and S4C2.

Why not plan ahead and take the whole of July off next year? Start at the new show in Snowdonia - http://www.countrymanfairs.co.uk/north-wales-country-fair - and then conclude with a visit to Builth. See you there? :)

Not the actuall team, but the supporting kiwi shearers do the Haka (i know most of them), Be great to see Dave Fagan win, a true legend 5 times world champ with 580 open titles to his name....

nell

Back