Cairnderry

the scudd

hi a mate of mine has just returned from a few days stalking at cairnderry just above glentrool, he was abit concerned by the lack of deer on the ground and wondered if the fc had been in doing a spot of lamping. are any of you lads familiar with this area and if so do you know what has happened to the deer. thanks the scudd

hi scudd
i was in this shoot 2 years ago ,i shot 1 buck all season i only saw 1 stag & hind ,the stag was in the field looking down to the road & roaning and chasing the cows and calfs about ,i went back the next morning to shoot him he was still there and after 3 mins jumped into the forestry never to be seen agian.i spent 7 hours on the rutting ground never saw a thing went back up
two weeks later and the rutting groud stunk of deer but still did not see a deer.the ground is onwed by the scotish woodlands
and lease off ,to the left of the track is where the biggest stag was shot ( out of season ) it is in the forestry office before you get to newton stawert.if your mate asks ( robert ) has any body been on he will tell you as he looks after this for a friend
in london .i no some lads on the shot have shot big 10 points but that is hear say never saw one .when i told the chap from london i was not renewing my place he got anyoed never spoke to him since i think i was money in his back pocket .as your mate to ask the chap in london if he can join in at wateside as it is only £100 more than cairnderry and 1500 acers more and
some clear fell araes .
hope this helps :stag:

Back