Thread: Fly Fishing in North Devon

Fly Fishing in North Devon

Hi all

In 3 weeks time I will be staying on a farm near Bratton Fleming in North Devon & wondered if anyone local knew what the fishing was like on the Yeo in that area?

Any info gratefully received.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Don't know about the Yeo, was down there at the end of May, even then the rivers where very low.
    I had a day on the Teign, superb bit of water. brown trout fishing at its best (jungle warfare). Got the ticke from the Orvis shop in Exeter, very helpful guy there.
    Lovely river, Lovely place - shi*e roads

Hi chris,
    Rivers are very low at the moment which has obviously had a big impact on the fishing. If you fancy trying Bass fishing on the fly, try Crow point between Barnstaple and Croyde. Fish the estuary up to the sea on a flooding tide spend more time in the lagoons called the cod pits. I haven't been this year but will go shortly, my mate had over 20 a short while ago mainly school bass but had several up to 3lbs. good fun and they give a great fight on a fly rod.

Hi Chris,

Not sure about North Devon, but a short trip to the Teign or Dart will be worth the effort.
    Plenty of access through day permits although rivers very,very low.
    Roads are not as bad as Alan described, you just need to know how to reverse!
    This will help or my site