Antis

Teilky

It's difficult to say. Doubtless some are monitoring the site to see what we get up to, but my guess is that endless discussions on rifle calibres, DSC1 & DSC2, stalking leases and venison prices soon see them off ;):D

willie_gunn

Teily and willie_gunn, Do not underestimate the fanatic mentality of antis, thay will use any and all information to there advantage, even when we are being honest and sportsmanly thay will find a way to atempt to discredit us, we must continue to be an honest site to all who view this site.

Dry Powder.

Barry

Barry

I know the antis well from the past - our paths have crossed (quite literally) several times. I don't underestimate them but I also recognise that, whatever we say and however we phrase it, they will twist things for their own end. They are not concerned with facts, with science or with the law - they have their own agenda that is largely illogical and emotional.

Apart from that, I'm d*mned if I'm going to let them intimidate me ;)

willie_gunn

Teilky

It's difficult to say. Doubtless some are monitoring the site to see what we get up to, but my guess is that endless discussions on rifle calibres, DSC1 & DSC2, stalking leases and venison prices soon see them off ;):D

willie_gunn

I can certainly see where you are coming from WG.

If they are indeed watching, then we have done ourselves a huge disservice with the 'very big Roe buck' thread. No chat about management plan or venison value. Just its big and its all yours for loads of cash. Not exactly the best advert for a sport.

Last edited:
If they are indeed watching, then we have done ourselves a huge disservice with the 'very big Roe buck' thread. No chat about management plan or venison value. Just its big and its all yours for loads of cash. Not exactly the best advert for a sport.

I know :(

Sadly this is the sort of thing that the media love, viz. the white roe buck, the Diageo roe, etc. etc. What they don't want to talk about is the over-population of deer, the impact of deer RTA's, the need for deer management, etc. Doesn't fit in with their Springwatch agenda :evil:

willie_gunn

With regard to the 'big buck' thread.

I havent actually read it because it doesnt interest me but surely we dont have to caveat every single beast that is shot with a detailed description of the management plan?

There are plenty of pictures of nice bucks on here that have just got a 'went stalking, saw this buck and here it is ........... dead' no mention of the months of work leading up to the moment.

If they take offence at something (for example a fox attacking children) then all logic and reasonableness goes out the window. If there had been a detailed breakdown of the management plan for that land for the last 20 years, showing how it had been perfectly managed it would not matter because they would cherry ick the bits they want to use

Not saying that a bit of care doesnt go a long way but it would be naive to think that the Antis are going to play fair!

Dan

I was just reading this post and it reminded me of this article that I read some time ago.

http://www.countryside-alliance.org.uk/hunting-campaigns/hunting-views/stag-stabbed-to-death-on-%22sanctuary%22/

Looks like stabbing deer with knives is absolutely fine, and the preferred dispatch method of LACS members. Go Antis!! :rolleyes:
was this not the place that basc videoed the red land rover was driving around and they shot a deer from it while moving!!! and then dragged the carcus across the Field with the land rover!!

Last edited:
I can certainly see where you are coming from WG.

None the less its part of the sport.
Trophy hunting plays a massive part in the industry and management or not that deer will still die why put up a smoke screen to try and blinker the antis.
Grow up and open your eyes.
Deer die and very few are actually shot in a management plan most by weekend hobbyists filling the freezer on a couple of 100 acres stalking.
These deer cannot be "managed" unless we all group together.
Either way they still die.

It's funny how their agenda is to get these sports banned but don't really care about the animals involved. Happened with a case in hare coursing, the antis snared a Hare and tried to protray it as being mistreated.
It all goes back to the fact it is not the act of hunting but who is doing it, they are mostly anti-establishment and believe they are hitting the upper classes.

It all goes back to the fact it is not the act of hunting but who is doing it, they are mostly anti-establishment and believe they are hitting the upper classes.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment of your post I would suggest that there is no one so establishment orientated as the "anti." When you think of it they are among the group of people who want the state to legislate and control every small aspect of the life of every single person in this country. We have just recently had a prime minister, for example, who to pacify these very people spent time telling his citizens how they should carry their shopping home (no plastic bags, recycle, doomed if you don't) and even how they should dispose of their rubbish. When you consider that the world is in financial ruin and we are not doing so well in a war this serves to highlight exactly what the "anti" wants and it is most certainly not anti-establishment, in fact it is the very opposite.

I think one of the best examples of the state the country is in, in this respect, is the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2. Almost every day they are calling for something trivial to be banned and almost every day they wheel out a "dead baby" story to support further state interference in the lives of the general public. These demands tend to be supported by hysterical and usually female, callers who come on wailing about some trivial and natural event and calling for government to "do something about it." Personal responsibility, responsibility for your own actions and self reliance mean nothing to these people while they lie at the very root of stalking and all shooting sports.

As to whether they read this forum? Well, who cares? I believe our sport has been shown to be safer than bowls, it leads to the conservation of many square miles of land and many species, it produces people who take responsibility for their own actions and who understand the natural balance of our ecosystems. These values are all reflected on this forum so the green nutters can read all they like, all they will learn is that our lives are much richer and much closer to nature and the countryside than their own miserable, fearful, state controlled world where all their mistakes and trials are the fault of "society" and where they have no responsibility for their own actions, nor no joy from taking care to ensure a job is well done.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment of your post I would suggest that there is no one so establishment orientated as the "anti." When you think of it they are among the group of people who want the state to legislate and control every small aspect of the life of every single person in this country. We have just recently had a prime minister, for example, who to pacify these very people spent time telling his citizens how they should carry their shopping home (no plastic bags, recycle, doomed if you don't) and even how they should dispose of their rubbish. When you consider that the world is in financial ruin and we are not doing so well in a war this serves to highlight exactly what the "anti" wants and it is most certainly not anti-establishment, in fact it is the very opposite.

I think one of the best examples of the state the country is in, in this respect, is the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2. Almost every day they are calling for something trivial to be banned and almost every day they wheel out a "dead baby" story to support further state interference in the lives of the general public. These demands tend to be supported by hysterical and usually female, callers who come on wailing about some trivial and natural event and calling for government to "do something about it." Personal responsibility, responsibility for your own actions and self reliance mean nothing to these people while they lie at the very root of stalking and all shooting sports.

As to whether they read this forum? Well, who cares? I believe our sport has been shown to be safer than bowls, it leads to the conservation of many square miles of land and many species, it produces people who take responsibility for their own actions and who understand the natural balance of our ecosystems. These values are all reflected on this forum so the green nutters can read all they like, all they will learn is that our lives are much richer and much closer to nature and the countryside than their own miserable, fearful, state controlled world where all their mistakes and trials are the fault of "society" and where they have no responsibility for their own actions, nor no joy from taking care to ensure a job is well done.

Well said mate, I couldn't agree more!

Re Jeremy Vine show above...he loves to get them coming "out of the woodwork" whatever the subject; it doesn't entertain,educate or inform but it's what the bbc does these days:rolleyes:.
I must get myself a digital radio and broaden the horizons, sorry bit off thread.

fraser

was this not the place that basc videoed the red land rover was driving around and they shot a deer from it while moving!!! and then dragged the caucus across the Field with the land rover!!

Arnt those a mountain range somewhere:D
The area where I live there has been violent clashes with sportsmen incl fishermen in the last few years the least they know the better in my view

The area where I live there has been violent clashes with sportsmen incl fishermen in the last few years the least they know the better in my view

I understand that it is important to avoid confrontation but you must always remember that what you are doing is perfectly legal, in fact you have letters of permission, FAC and perhaps other qualifications to your name to support the legality of what you are doing and your ability to do it well. The antis with their grey lives, crawling out of their grey towns in order to confront you are the only people in this equation who are doing anything wrong. Their obsessive mental state is, quite frankly, unhealthy.

We should be proud of our healthy, constructive, responsible and valuable contribution to the welfare of the countryside and of the country as a whole and the negative, controlling, obsessive and violent position of the antis while worrying and, almost certainly, extemely unhealthy for the individual involved should not divert us from our path. In fact we should take every opportunity, such as this one kindly offered by the OP, to contrast the highly negative and unhealthy attitudes of the antis with our own positive, open and responsible attitudes.

Back