Expanding Bullets via post

I've also had them delivered from Arms24 and Alpinhunting. Just ridiculous that I can receive them from abroad but not from within the UK!

Interesting that's for the responses guys. I was under the impression that this was how law but obviously not quite yet.....

i have considered using alpin but know several guys who made large orders to recive nothing and then struggle for reimbursement....... I take it you chaps haven't had such experience?

I wonder if my postie knows the difference between an AMAX and a soft point.?or a sierra game king v a match king.but then its not down to him its down to the f---wits with their heads up their arses.

Last edited:
Interesting that's for the responses guys. I was under the impression that this was how law but obviously not quite yet.....

i have considered using alpin but know several guys who made large orders to recive nothing and then struggle for reimbursement....... I take it you chaps haven't had such experience?

Alpinhunting is a hit or miss and you end up waiting for weeks.

Arms24 is excellent. Nice speedy service.

I know others have reported the same regarding AlpinHunting but I've emailed first to enquire about stock and then placed an order once it's confirmed they have them or are about to take delivery. It's worked for me to date, and as they have the Oryx I want at substantially lower cost than I can find elsewhere, I'll continue to use them.

An rfd at KWG handcross told me that even though they are to be sec 1 the post office/other ? still will consider them as sec 5 ??? :-|

AlpinHunting I've had a 50% success rate, first time the order came fine second time it never arrived and after a month I got my money back easily although they wouldn't say why it never came through. Arms24 had better and faster communication and the bullets arrived exactly when they said they would. I'd definitely use Arms24 again and would probably use Alpinhunting if I had to but like Orion said I'd email first and confirm what I needed was in stock.

An rfd at KWG handcross told me that even though they are to be sec 1 the post office/other ? still will consider them as sec 5 ??? :-|

I thought the proposal was simply to remove them from S5, thus leaving them entirely unrestricted - the same as bullets not designed to expand.

How would the post office or courier even know? I can't tell the difference between a 165g Game King and a 168g Match King (without the scales anyway)

How would the post office or courier even know? I can't tell the difference between a 165g Game King and a 168g Match King (without the scales anyway)
I should have thought the grey softpoint on the Game King might have given it away :p

Not the game kings I'm using, they're hollow point boat tails just like the match Kings. I think you're thinking of the 165g Spitzer boat tail game kings. I could have said A-Max and SST too but I think you get what I mean.

Last edited:
Callister SRL in Italy also

but it if buying bullets online, don't use PayPal as you'll get banned as it's apparently breaking the user agreement as I found out to my cost!

Back