new gun

wagne

as you may be aware from my intro im new to centrefire and have just purchased my first ever rossi break action 223 its the bull barrel version, now firstly does anybody know what the twist rate is on these guns??? secondly how accurate are they? have i gone and bought a lemon?? sorry to ask so much but i am eager to learn and obviously a voice of experiance is always going to be the best way

atb wagne

Its 1in12 twist so should favour lighter rounds, did you not get any information of the seller regarding what it likes and how it shoots?

thanks

thanks, sadly the seller is very much a rfd for shotguns sohe took it in part exchange so had no info about it?

as you may be aware from my intro im new to centrefire and have just purchased my first ever rossi break action 223 its the bull barrel version, now firstly does anybody know what the twist rate is on these guns??? secondly how accurate are they? have i gone and bought a lemon?? sorry to ask so much but i am eager to learn and obviously a voice of experiance is always going to be the best way

atb wagne

Hi Wagne

I also have a Rossi .223 with a heavy barrel . I love it , I bought mine second hand with the mod, bi-pod and rings . It's bit of a lump too lug about, but as a fox gun from a pick up it is ideal. I have found it too be very accurate ,as Rooster said it's 1 in 12 twist . The ammo I use is Norma 50 grain V-max and Winchester 55 grain soft points. Although I do tend too pick the Heym out of the cabinet first most of the time these days.

Best Wishes

Philip 018.JPG

Last edited:
Back