At long last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannlicher_Stu

Received my DSC2 certificate today its been a long slog I can tell you, everytime I have had a AW with me either nothing would show or it would be the wrong sex then the day after when I wasnt accompanied i would go out and slot 3 beasts, I thought I would never get there.

As regards it being a qualification its the only qualification that I am aware of that relies soley or 80% on luck being on your side, So any would be stalker who starts off on the DSC2 trail be aware of those words . its an achievement not a qualification.

If anyone requires a witness to accompany them and registered under the old blue portfolio system give me a nod by pm. preferably with their own stalking ground and within 100 mile radius of Lancaster I will be only to pleased to help.
My out of pocket expenses I expect re imbursed IE Fuel Costs
Regards
Stu

Last edited:
Stu you do know that the qualification that will be used in future in scotland will be the NVQ type module and might not even ask for a deer to be shot very similar to the lev 1 and if compitenece out in the field is nessasary it will most probably be just one deer. Dont we all look foolish.

Last edited:
Stu you do know that the qualification that will be used in futre in scotland will be the NVQ type module and might not even ask for a deer to be shot very similar to the lev and if compitnece out in the field is nessasary it will most probably be just one deer. Dont we all look foolish

Choc,

What is the 'the NVQ type module' mentioned and is it intended as an equivalent (or a replacement) for the DSC2?

Thanks.

What I have noticed or it may be me thats a little to observant for my own good, when you are awarded these certificate they also award you a medalion badge to wear the DSC1 cert was accompanied with a bronze one now the DSC2 cert is accompanied with a silver one by inference that leaves room for a gold one are we shortly to expect further goals to aim at in there being a DSC3 in the near future.:lol:

As we all know its a mandatory req to stalk unacompanied on FC land and there was talk at one time that you also had to have a trained deer dog as well but I think that fell through so are we likely to be chasing further paper qualification in some form or another

Last edited:
Received my DSC2 certificate today its been a long slog I can tell you, everytime I have had a AW with me either nothing would show or it would be the wrong sex then the day after when I wasnt accompanied i would go out and slot 3 beasts, I thought I would never get there.

As regards it being a qualification its the only qualification that I am aware of that relies soley or 80% on luck being on your side, So any would be stalker who starts off on the DSC2 trail be aware of those words . its an achievement not a qualification.

If anyone requires a witness to accompany them and registered under the old blue portfolio system give me a nod by pm. preferably with their own stalking ground and within 100 mile radius of Lancaster I will be only to pleased to help.
Regards
Stu

Excuses, excuses! If your stalking skills are up to the mark, and you've done the leg work to observe the ground over which you wish to perform an ICR, then your chances of success should be much the same in the company of an "incredible witness" as if you were stalking alone, to imply your chances of achieving a cull beast were somehow less due to you being accompanied, is like saying it's the witnesses fault for being there. :doh:

Stu you do know that the qualification that will be used in futre in scotland will be the NVQ type module and might not even ask for a deer to be shot very similar to the lev and if compitnece out in the field is nessasary it will most probably be just one deer. Dont we all look foolish

Choc, Dont worry about Stu looking foolish, he will once he has used his certificate as toilet paper, as he promised! Which begs the question, if it was beneath a man of his experience to do a Level Two, then why the whole song and dance about the whole affair? :-|

£500 to charity though, so something good has come out of this, I suppose it would only be polite to enquire with your AW as to whether he has a knowledge of any worthy charities.

I have donated enough to charity Danny one close to my heart especially after having double by pass heart surgery myself, At least for the time being anyhow, but should I feel the need to make further donations they will of course be forthcoming :D
Also I think Andrew will confirm monies also donated to Cancer research on money made in a raffle on the beasts I have shot and donated to his charity of choice I believe.

I won't obviously enquire as to which charities you support or what donations you have made to them as I consider such information to be personal others might though:lol:
Regards
Stu

Last edited:
The nvq svq type qualifications will not replae the DMQ but will be a seperate option in the future. I am not sure how it is going to work but the SNH / and SGA ARE WORKING ON IT FOR THE LEGISLATION CHANGE IN 2014

Regards
Stu

Well theres something that won't be happening your last paragraph, you cannot witness anyone that has now been done away with from the ST of June 2010 there is no longer any provision for credible witnesses on the level two system .

Something else you can moan about to DMQ ,as you know you've got plenty of awards in that subject , every one just as useless as your level two as you quite rightly let everyone know, now you've have the level two you think, everyone has forgot all your rants don't think so .

I still have all the posts malicious and other wise , you posted about teal and myself .

All you smart words and smiley icons won't get you out of that .

I see DL has a good memory also as have many others .

Well theres something that won't be happening your last paragraph, you cannot witness anyone that has now been done away with from the ST of June 2010 there is no longer any provision for credible witnesses on the level two system .

Something else you can moan about to DMQ ,as you know you've got plenty of awards in that subject , every one just as useless as your level two as you quite rightly let everyone know, now you've have the level two you think, everyone has forgot all your rants don't think so .

I still have all the posts malicious and other wise , you posted about teal and myself .

All you smart words and smiley icons won't get you out of that .

I see DL has a good memory also as have many others .

Your very personal in your Remarks Robert is it that I complained to you in respect of how you should have administered the filling in of my portfolio, The criteria is my friend that each and every outing whilst accompanied shoul be recorded either in the portfolio itself or through an attachment to it which then builds up the picture and history of the applicants competency. And not as you wanted to do when a beast had been culled so the ICR could be made out so it only showed 3 entries.
Failure on your part I believe not mine I too have a good memory.:) (Smiley face inc for your benefit)
I left the portfolio with the A.W so he could correct it in the proper manner which he did and it was administered then in the correct and proper manner. I declined to let you fill it in because of those issues of which as the applicant I was entitled to do so.
Maybe in future you will learn from this shortfall in your administration when dealing with others.
Have a nice day now
Stuart

Your portfolio, for the entries I would have made would have wasted paper as you well know .

If you require me to I'll post the information on your stalk on here, grid references what where why and when and how ,without being too polemical I shall , I still have the notes .

Now if you wish me to air my knowledge of your stalking and the stalks that you had with the AW I shall .

Now that would be personnel of which I really wouldn't want to sully your or the AWs name he after all is one of life's true gentlemen of whom you made spurious remarks about , he still completed your level two .

For which he deserves a medal, long service and good conduct .

Your portfolio, for the entries I would have made would have wasted paper as you well know .

If you require me to I'll post the information on your stalk on here, grid references what where why and when and how ,without being too polemical I shall , I still have the notes .

Now if you wish me to air my knowledge of your stalking and the stalks that you had with the AW I shall .

Now that would be personnel of which I really wouldn't want to sully your or the AWs name he after all is one of life's true gentlemen of whom you made spurious remarks about , he still completed your level two .

For which he deserves a medal, long service and good conduct .

Now why Do I take that as a direct threat Robert?
Would that not be in breach of confidentiality?
As I previously stated to you at the time I no longer wished for your to continue with my portfolio and I certainly have no wish for any details to be made use of on an open forum that should have been included on the date you accompanied me.

You most certainly have had ample time to send me a copy thats for sure.
I have already thanked Andrew of which I cant thank him enough for his part in this but I do have issues with yourself as previously stated.
I had however no intention of re visting the complaint, that is until your barrarge of personal inuendos brought it to the fore ground once more.

I have to say I wish these type of remarks from yourself would not have happened and I and know doubt other feel the same way .May I suggest that if you have anything else to comment about or issue that you wish to adress you do so by P.M rather than on the open forum.
Regards
Stu

Yes, take it offline please. Two adults with FAC's bickering on a public forum. Not a good look. :-|

From my own very limited experiences going through the Level 2 system is that it can depend largely one what each parts brings to the mix.

One witness saw it more as an oppertunity to impart his far deeper knowledge making the hole experience so much more pleasurable and beneficial to me. There was the usual questions and the necessity for me to display the basic skills, but i learned so much more from him - stuff that comes naturally to him but can only be learned from many years of stalking or him making the conscious effort to teach.
The other witness saw it more as a test. A situation in which little was communicated; he was there to question and observe only.

However, regardless of personalities and attitudes I did quickly learn that regardless of how much effort i thought i was putting in, the witness was doing so much more! I take my hat off to anyone who serves as a witness, most especially those who do it for the love of their hobby and not as an oppertunity to squeeze out money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back