Anti-Tick Clothing

Hi Deako,

I brought early last year a light weight shirt from Nomad Clothing.

In a word yes it does work and ive picked off a few dead ticks and it's prevented them going up my body.. In my opinion at least.

I went out last year with a friend who walked behind me through a heavy tick area.. When we got back he was covered and I didnt find one on my body.. whilst he had a number on his chest a back.

The only thing is that you cant wash it as per normal and you have to cold wash with no detergent.. I recal around 20 washes like this before the garment needs to be retreated.

I will be buying another shirt at the gamefair this year as its now one of my favourite gaments.

Cheers

Robbo25

I wish I had some of these clothes.

Got the news from the docs this morning, Ive tested positive for Lymes :(

Sad to hear that Dan I bet your gutted?

What treatment have the prescribed for you if I may ask? and I hope they have caught it early enough before it develops like in some people who have been effected by it.

Best of Luck
Stu

It sounds like im on a bit in the development of it, started off with my joints being ratchet like in their movement, I first noticed this back in April last year, doc did a blood test and never found anything, unfortunately a Lymes test wasnt specified in the screening. The symptoms died off and I was back to normal. My back isnt the best and about 6 months ago I had a few xrays (6 in 2 days) and the symptoms came back, I put it down to maybe too many xrays in that couple of days, they slowly got worse, no strength, bad shakes, muscle tightness and involuntary muscle twitches, I went back to the doc 10 days ago and straight away he reckoned it was Lymes, tests back today and he was right, since Sunday my neck and jaw has gone stiff and Ive had a constant headache since the weekend. These are signs of it progressing.

Im now on a months course of Doxycycline 100mg and if I still test positive after the month then its antibiotics daily via injection.

Going to see another doc tonights eve surgery about where we go from here, I was a bit shell shocked this morning when I was told, Ive got questions I want answering.

Dont believe alot of the scare stories you here, I have been investigating this virus for weeks now (I was pretty sure I had it) and its not as bad as it is made out, Im sure il get worse before I get better but fingers crossed it will all work out.

Its always been a high chance I would contract it at some point, you have all seen the photos of tick infestation on our deer, I regularly pull over a 20 or 30 off me in a week.

Il keep you posted

Last edited:
Dan, really sorry to hear your bad news, I hope it clears up for you.

We have a lot of ticks this year in Dumfries and I have decided to trial some Yank kit this summer which claims to be 100% tick proof or money back, etc...lightweight and ultra thin...I will keep you posted if it works.

ive got everything crossed!

Dan thats real bad luck, however its not necessarily all doom and gloom, I contracted it in 1995 at first put down to a viral infection but when no improvement, blood test taken and tested positive, I was lucky in the sense that me doctor had encountered it previously and had his suspicions hence the blood test.

I was quite ill for 3 months and a year before I was 100% fit, I have heard of people having recurring problems after having treatment , but in my case I am 100%OK

Hope you have a full and speedy recovery Dan.
I seem to be a magnet for ticks and regularly pull half a dozen off various parts of me. I always wondered whether a certain amount of immunity built up as infected ticks must bite us and not always transmit the disease?. More worried now though as you seem to have eventually succombed. Not tried anti tick clothing but think I probably will now!
Cheers.

Been trialling the 'Rynoskin' for a few weeks now and found it excellent. Not one tick or midge has been able to get through it...at one point I must have had 50-60 midges on my hands when glassing, but it kept them out.

Very, very fine material though, needs to be taken on/off very carefully to avoid ripping the stitching. I'll see how it lasts throughout the rest of the 'summer'. :rolleyes:

Back