Possible world record roe buck?

Bloody Hell that guy certainly has some luck he dabbed a huge beast that was for a time being a world record last year.

It must be something hes feeding them with probably scraps from his kitchen:)
its probably been saved for him to gain extra publicity,I bet he paid a fortune for it

In all my years of stalking I never realised that there was a record system for perruques, of course they are very interesting but each one is so unique. I would be very interested to know the measurement procedure if anyone has the info. That buck was very lucky, with that ammount of growth, it could easily have covered his eyes. JC

I am not an envious person and usually i am not a bone collector although i do have some memorable odd ball ones but I have to say something like this is something else.
I have only ever once seen a peruque head and that is in Ronnie Roses Collection and that is also a gold medal head,
Obviously the beast was not producing Testosterone to account for such a deformity

Why do they call it world record? :rolleyes:

Is it bigger than this one (not mine)? How do you measure a perruque trophy?

36.jpg

37.jpg

Very good buck anyway..

Last edited:
Why do they call it world record? :rolleyes:

Is it bigger than this one? How do t you measure perruque trophy?

View attachment 1857

View attachment 1858

Very good buck anyway..

That one of Ronnies is smaller than that

Bloody Hell thats Huge:drool: that would **** him off wouldnt it if yours was bigger

You will have to get that measured mate it looks bigger than Marcos that would upset him wouldnt it:D
When and where did you shoot that then?
Regards
Stu

Last edited:
One would hope this wasn't the case, at least not for long... The thought of an animal being left in that state, getting worse and worse is awful. :(

Marco will have been phoned once the animal was spotted. He is known in stalking circles for wanting the biggest and the best, and a lot of guides know that there is money ready and waiting for exceptional trophies.
Couldn't have gone to a nicer chap
Money Talks.................!!

Lakey

That one of Ronnies is smaller than that

Bloody Hell thats Huge:drool: that would **** him off wouldnt it if yours was bigger

You will have to get that measured mate it looks bigger than Marcos that would upset him wouldnt it:D
When and where did you shoot that then?
Regards
Stu

That's not mine, just found the photo on one of the forums.
My point is, measuring this kind of heads make no sense.

Greg

One would hope this wasn't the case, at least not for long... The thought of an animal being left in that state, getting worse and worse is awful. :(
thing is it happens I know of an agent who sells stalking on a very famous and well know estate,he had a hugh red stag with a broken leg that had to be shot now instead of doing the deed there an then he tried to sell it

....That buck was very lucky, with that ammount of growth, it could easily have covered his eyes. JC

He wasn't that lucky JC, MPW shot the poor B**tard....:lol:

What is the cause of these Perruque's, gonad damage?

You could see some cynical bugger floating around his patch with a 22rf looking for a buck to shoot in the nuts....

You could see some cynical bugger floating around his patch with a 22rf looking for a buck to shoot in the nuts....

A bullet was the best that that buck could have hoped for. Perruques dont stop growing thay only get bigger and bigger, and eventually get infected thereby killing the animal.
Shame it went to MPW instead of some more deserving deer stalker.

It will be a bit of a Nightmare for any Taxidermist who has the job of preserving it. The trick with Purruques is adequately preserving what is often soft tissue whilst at the same time minimising shrinkage of the trophy itself as it dries. It could be a possible candidate for an errosion cast, but either way it will be a tricky job.:doh:
Marco wont want it shrinking too much:D:D

Lakey

This is one of the biggest and heaviest of these heads that I know has been set up in recent times. It wasnt covered over in velvet like normal examples, but covered in a black leatherlike skin. Size was massive and extremely heavy and the mounted trophy suffered from a lot of shrinkage as it dried as most of the tissue was soft when fresh.View attachment 1859

Shrinkage can be reduced to minimum I believe by carefull transfer of moisture by imersion in polyethelynr glycol P.E.G used by preservationists in removing moisture content in wood and other materials

Not necessary so but its generaly thought as being accountable for it ,but can be caused through other injuries which effects the production of testosterone along with other illnesses

And affects the dropping of the antlers along with abnormal velvet which grows in a mass usually blinding the deer and if not shot when seen leads to an horrendus death usually by starvation

Last edited:
Their supposed to smell pretty bad. Good luck to any man trying to convince the Mrs to hang that on the wall! :eek:

I think its an ugly flaming thing ,but thats beside the point !

How do you measure one of these ?.
People have mentioned trying to stop the shrinkage and replacement whatever ?
Now if a trophy has to be drying for at least three months before its measured then how are you going to do it .
You cant replace fluid or tissue ! Thats cheating the figures .
Is there a "NON - TYPICAL " measuring system ?

It may be a large perruque , but it cant be classed as the world record Roe head ?

Back