Thread: Times when you could fall out badly

Times when you could fall out badly

So me and my mate big Steve took a caravan up to my ground today which ended up being a 6 hour drive after stops and the usual fannying about but we got started staking at a respectable 7 ish up in the highland on a lovely still morning. Yes we left at 1am

5 minutes in and there's a cacking roebuck and certainly the best I've ever had a chance at marking his patch fraying up the treeline in a tricky place so we stalk in and it's going tasty. With Steve being a novice, I went forward alone to head the buck off and get up on sticks to catch him out as he came out from behind some tall grass while big Steve stayed back out of the way.

Out comes the buck as expected and turns broadside. About 40 meters behind big Steve desides randomly to take his mag out and open his bolt to make sure the rifle was clear with the loudest fu%^&g metal clink you've ever heard and roe buck takes flight barking. I was not polite about his timing to check the rifle...... bless... but on the long way home we laughed about it and overall the good day with us having roe and red chances later on and a nice sika almost nailed by Steve on his own.

At the time I was but after a while happy days

did you kiss and make up

thats the love of taking a novice with you.
    i'll tell you some of my encounters when were in bulgaria
    regards john

Quote Originally Posted by PAULT View Post
    did you kiss and make up
    No one dares get that close to big Steve

John, I'll be looking forward to that!

Isn't it episodes such as this that are the REAL test of a friendship??
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I often get it in the neck from my mate for not squeezing the door shut when getting out on the ground!........ doesn't seem to have handicapped us though!.......... once had a clip round the ear off IanF to remind me to keep quiet!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Paul you were within your right to kick him up and down the banking The problem is what gose round comes round and you might just drop your sticks the neck time he is on a nice big buck (by accident of coarse