help

riggers

hi all well im afraid it was a bland day infact the last three have been morning and night no deer at all my question to any body who may have the answer my ground is mainly open land with one large forest on it forestry commision however the is a large 300 to 400 yard slope on the edge of the forest wich is on my land mainly heather and grass water course next to it i have done my reccy and have seen some frying cant see any slots as its grass would a buck fraying just cause its near his ground the plantation is mature and the only other open spaces are in the wood a good 200 yards from the slope i have only had the ground a wee while and am a bit miffed as the only deer i have seen are heading back into the wood at first light to my knowledge the wood is not stalked ??????? im at a blank i am afraid can i do anything to bring more deer onto the slope ???? many thanks for any help
:doh:

Are there any sheep using the open ground on the slope next to the forestry? Roe will tend to avoid land where sheep are also grazing.

On my own piece there are deer all over the heather hill when the sheep are down on the grass parks for lambing, as soon as the sheep are back on the hill the deer stay in the woodlands.

hi mate funny enough yes there is not on the slop but in the fields near it would that make them spooky

Hi,

looks like your deer are nocturnal deer, if you catch them as they are entering the wood in the morning thats the likely case. try about 5pm in the afternoon or last light.
i have experience what you are getting hence my suggestions.

frank

hi frank thanks for the advice blooming things i think a mix of the sheep as well as the mince weather we have been having also does not help any one seen any thing of the begining of a rut or is it way too early thank you for all the help lads really appreciate it

Back