Man Drowns Squirrel

Mannlicher_Stu

Read in the paper today of a man who drowned a grey Squirrel after catching it has now got a criminal record and find for cruelty.

Fined £1500 the case was brought by the R.S.P.C.A
Apparently drowning a squirrel is not an accepted method of dispatch and the Court ruled that he should have taken it to a vet to be put down at and expense of £70
Apparently it is also O.K to put it in a sack and ****t it one with a shovel though
Has the world gone mad.

Views please :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I remember a book i had on Taxidermy and the prescribed method of killing the smaller animals like mink squirrels etc was to keep the in the cage trap and drown them as it did not damage the skin.
We do live in a strange place were we can nick the throat of a large cow and let it bleed out very slowly under the name of religion but cant deal with a sqig:rofl::british:

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind but they are not even indigenous to this country, the RSPCA do some good work (Sometimes) but they got it wrong with this one, its way overdue for a National cull on these buggers..bring your own water bucket! :D

Just seen this on the BBC news. The RSPCA have commented that anyone who catches a Grey Squirrel needs to take it to a vet to have it humanely put down :eek:

Furthermore if you dont want to run the risk of being prosecuted ----------- wait for it

MAKE YOUR GARDEN SQUIRREL PROOF:rofl::rofl:

Could have a problem with that one. However I can honestly say that my garden is Squirrel proof. As soon as I see one they do disappear usually in pieces with a 12bore :D

Hi,

It was covered on GMTV this morning and the general feeling was it was barmy!

The guy had got fed up with the squirrel nicking his nuts (for the birds) but some do-gooder neighbour reported him to the police/RSPCA. Drowning is classed as cruel because it takes 3 mins for them to die.

The guy who was on the item had said that it was not squirel-nutkin but a rat with a fluffy tail and the guy did right.

As Choc stated it is legal to cut an animals throat for halal meat, what is the world coming to?

Michelle

Bit of concern with this ruling.

If they can bring a case against an individual whats to stop them bringing a case against us as deerstalkers in the same manner. It leaves the door open to the courts this one.

Bit of concern with this ruling.

If they can bring a case against an individual whats to stop them bringing a case against us as deerstalkers in the same manner. It leaves the door open to the courts this one.

Think BASC or whoever need to be made aware of this one...! :eek:

I think you will find that the case hinged on the fact that he drowned the squirrel, which was deemed cruel and caused the animal to suffer. shooting it would not have been seen to be cruel. I doubt that they will try to apply this to deer stalkers, I would love to see someone try and drown a Red Stag!!!

I think you will find that the case hinged on the fact that he drowned the squirrel, which was deemed cruel and caused the animal to suffer. shooting it would not have been seen to be cruel. I doubt that they will try to apply this to deer stalkers, I would love to see someone try and drown a Red Stag!!!

This. The man was only prosecuted because he broke a specific law. If the squirrel had been shot then we would not be reading this thread!

What's the difference then between drowning a squirrel and poisoning a rat?

I am sure that drowning would be the quickest and least painful.....

Like the idea of your squirrel proof garden Malc!

Michelle

Drowning is not considered a 'quick or humane way' way to despatch a quarry species. There is the element of suffering and panic experienced before death. So?

Like has just been pointed out .... poison is certainly not instant.

to many do gooders in this country, put squirrel in bag take to vets wait in long que the wee f####er will be stressed to bits by then... some people need to get a life!!
Drowning is not considered a 'quick or humane way' way to despatch a quarry species. There is the element of suffering and panic experienced before death. So?

Like has just been pointed out .... poison is certainly not instant.

If he drowned it in boiling water ,it would have died a lot quicker! Just like a lobster.
Would he still have been done ????

lololol

Last edited:
I will have to watch it in future when I use my favourite expression.

You have to get up early in a morning to **** in a squirrels ear.

I might get charged for inciting drowning one of the little bastarrds:D

If he drowned it in boiling water ,it would have died a lot quicker! Just like a lobster.
Would he still have been done ????

lololol

boiled squirrel, not tried that one,
I like my squirrel dipped in bread crumbs and shallow fried :D

ha ha ha ****ing myself here:rofl:
I will have to watch it in future when I use my favourite expression.

I might get charged for inciting drowning one of the little bastarrds:D

If he had let it go he would also have broken the law as once caught you cannot let them go as they are quite rightly classed as vermin, so have to be destroyed.Killing them is fine, You are just not supposed to enjoy it:lol:;)

Back