Thread: Hensoldt Ziess 8 x 30 Binoculars

Hensoldt Ziess 8 x 30 Binoculars

Hensoldt Ziess 8 x 30 Binoculars, do you guys have any knollage of the quality of these, I beleive the ones im interested in are ex-german army

regards ian

Yes, I've been using a pair for nearly 20 years now and will often take them out in preference to my Swaro SL8x56 unless it's really low light conditions/highseat.

As you say they are ex-German army and were top notch quality optics for the time unless they have suffered damage - usually have a ranging reticle in them which I believe you can have removed by the binocular repair place in Glasgow (?), it doesn't bother me though. We bought a joblot when I was trading and sold them on to stalking clients. You should be able to pick a good pair up for around the 100 mark.
    Last edited by Orion; 21-07-2010 at 18:46.

I think the D16 version which is newer are the ones to go for.
    Buying second hand off the internet can land you with a dud which can be fixed
    by the fella in Glasgow. They repaired a few sets for me in the past. One can then
    also get the recticle removed and the laser? filter which brightens up the binos.
    Compared to my new vortex binos the hensoldts are not great when glassing in
    the direction of the sun. Very light weight though and no need to refocus all the time.