Thread: New Rifle

New Rifle

On a previous thread ,I was looking at purchasing a 223 plus glass etc for a dedicated foxing rifle. Had to go to the sportsmans in Dorset to pick up a replacement mag for my SSG, I picked up a buddy for the ride, firstly we called in at a Ian Mulliners gunshop which is only a couple of miles away from my pals .
    Ian place is tucked out of the way ,and had called him the day before ,as he is not always in. Fantastic little place keep a a huge range of Blaser rifles ,stock assemblys , barrels etc some really nice kit also a Kreighoff dealer mainly shotties but also some awesome double rifles,with an equally awesome price tag.
    Anyways to cut a very long story short instead of a .223 I ended walking out with a R93 in .308 with grade 5 wood upgrade and Ziess glass .(223 and .243 barrels to follow) I found Ian a nice chap to deal with and will give you with a little haggling a good solid deal ,not a cheap sling or slip thrown in but a good price to start with. Will post my findings with the Blaser after Ive had a little play . I am now officially very poor. Atb Brough

You know you wanted it really Paul, that'll sit nice in my old cabinet.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

I know the feeling - broke but excited to see the results. When you say "Officially" very poor, does that mean the fair sex THINK you are poor - whilst you still have pennies for the sling and things you mentioned ? Maybe a nice rifle slip ! ?

Good luck with the new rifle. Do you have any plans on what you are going to use in it ?