Wild Mountain Goat - comes home

Chris Rob

Some of you will recall me shooting a mountain Goat in Kerry this May, well he's just arrived in England! :D

He was set up by a friend of my mate in Ireland Paul (Paul O' Deer) & a great job he made of him, he was brought over Monday by Paul's parents who were luckily on a visit.

Was going to hang him in the lounge to surprise the wife
faint2.gif
when she got home last night but he was too heavy for the existing picture hooks so sat him on the sofa, only comments I got from Jayne were "how much" & "shame he's dead"!

Her mum thought he was great surprisingly!
shocked.gif

Just waiting for the planning application to be passed (finger crossed) for our extension so I can get him up on the wall of my new office.

Cheers
Chris

21072010415.jpg

21072010416.jpg

21072010420.jpg

Do you know how/if he managed to get rid of the smell as they normally whiff a bit, Thanks

Looks great! :cool:

Did he shampoo up ok? No 'goaty' wiffs? :D

Kurt the taxidermist said it was the only goat he's done that didn't smell that bad. My friend Paul's goat which he shot in November last year stank to high heaven, I think they stink more when rutting.

Mine has a very faint whiff but its more a chemical smell which Kurt uses on the coat, I've no idea what he uses.

I'm getting something like Fabreze to take that last whiff away.

Cheers

Chris

Chris

He's really come up a treat - Kurt's done a great job.

In fact he looks so good, why don't you just leave him on the sofa :)

willie_gunn

Some of you will recall me shooting a mountain Goat in Kerry this May, well he's just arrived in England! :D

He was set up by a friend of my mate in Ireland Paul (Paul O' Deer) & a great job he made of him, he was brought over Monday by Paul's parents who were luckily on a visit.

faint2.gif
when she got home last night but he was too heavy for the existing picture hooks so sat him on the sofa, only comments I got from Jayne were "how much" & "shame he's dead"!

shocked.gif

Just waiting for the planning application to be passed (finger crossed) for our extension so I can get him up on the wall of my new office.

Cheers
Chris

...I can't imagine my wife's reaction would be quite so restrained if she came home and found a dead goat's head on the sofa!!!!:D

(Looks good though Chris - job's a good 'un!!:D ATB, Merlin)

He looks like Togan the Bearded Roebuck that the guy lost his ticket over!

On a Serious note though-great job a very nice trophy buddy.

Regs Lee

Thats a top quality piece of work. You can always tell, even from a photo, whether a taxidermist not only has the skill but also the 'feel' for the animal. Just like wildlife art, you can see instantly when the artist has got it right. JC

Thats a top quality piece of work. You can always tell, even from a photo, whether a taxidermist not only has the skill but also the 'feel' for the animal. Just like wildlife art, you can see instantly when the artist has got it right. JC

Your not wrong there JC, you can't see it in the photo's but even his nose is made to look wet, lovely touch. Even the wife commented on that!
crazy.gif

Cheers

Chris

that brings back very funny memorys me & mate range master took up to a very good friend (now passed away 3 years ago) :( dave from torrwood house country hotel near glen luse a jeep full of trophy heads etc etc to mount inside his hotel well i didnt want the smelly thing in my pick-up so steve stuck it in his subaru estate's front seat and put the seat belt round the very large goats head, every time we pulled up at traffic lights etc the looks he was getting from passers by etc was priceless.:rofl: look far better on the wall though (nice head)

faint2.gif

shocked.gif

Cheers
Chris

21072010415.jpg

21072010416.jpg

21072010420.jpg

Wow you have one that doesn't stink must be a first, remember culling them of the west coast, had to burn all my clothes didn't matter how often they were washed, as soon as it got warm they started to stink again.

That's very nice - it'd look good on my office wall, alongside the lovely Sika that Lakey prepared for me! :)

Back