Sound Mod

Morgy

Hi,

I have purchased a Sauer 202 Outback in .243 calibre, anyone suggest the best Sound mod for this rifle please.

Cheers

Guy

Have a look in the equipment and accessories section, there are plenty of comments/recommendations etc for moderators, only you can decide. Do you want a muzzle moderator which sits past the muzzle or do you want a reflex type that sits back over the barrel. Aluminium/steel? All comes down to preference and what you're willing to pay.

TJ

I use a T4 on my Sauer 202 Outback in 6.5/55, i find it a very good mod, good sound reduction and does not effect the balance of the gun much.

Recently got a new cmm4 atec mod for my 25.06 tikka, very impressed by the mod, very light and very good performance.

would recomend both of the above mods.

wicklow202

Recently got a new cmm4 atec mod for my 25.06 tikka, very impressed by the mod, very light and very good performance.

Same as, Not many i have not tried on my .25-06

I have also got a cmm-4 on my .243. Thought I had an issue with the way it shot but it turned out it was just crappy factory loads and not the mod at all!
Although this mod sticks out over the end of the rifle, it is not noticeable on my rifle at all (tikka t3) and only weighs 220g. I would say the noise when it fires is equivalent to opening your bolt quickly and pulling it back hard - so pretty minimal.

One of my rifles is a 202 in .243 which I use for Fallow in woodland. It has a 51cm barrel and I use a Wildcat predator "Steyr" mod. The "Steyr" version is shorter than the standard Wildcat so along with the 51cm barrel makes it a very handy rifle. I find it works just as well as the standard Wildcat.

Very impressed with the new Ranger mod on my A bolt .243. Quick service from Jager SA on this site !

Brianm

Back