Spartan Moderator

TonyC

Just tried out my latest purchase, made by ThirdEye (EVO Engineering & Design) in .308.

Extremely well made out of stainlesss and aluminium, weighs around 400 grammes, operates on the reflex system but 8 1/2 inches long which is about 3 1/2 inches shorter than my .243 Wildcat Predator and at 40mm lot narrower, really looks good and doesn't alter the balance too much.

Sound attenuation is OK, now I don't need ear protection for my .308. Cheaper than the Predator also.

It is now fully dis assembled in a bath of warm water and soap flakes for the next hour.

I have no connection with the manufacturer other than an impressed customer - they couldn't be nicer or more accommodating when I called to pick it up and waited while they prepared the back bush.
:lol:

Hi Tony,

I've been looking at these mod's and they are on the shortlist.

Since your post in August, how have you found the performance in the field etc?

Haven't read many reviews of these but they do seem like cracking Mods

Cheers

Rigboot

Hi

would also be interested in your views. I'm just waiting to get one fitted to my .308.
Hoping I've made the right decision, been undecided for a year, I have been waiting to see if any decent titanium ones turned up.

Bootneck

Hi

would also be interested in your views. I'm just waiting to get one fitted to my .308.
Hoping I've made the right decision, been undecided for a year, I have been waiting to see if any decent titanium ones turned up.

Bootneck
I have had a Sparton for a few months now,Iam very impressed with it,for the money and the quality and after sales there bang on.
Bootneck
I told you while ago about the problem with titainimum mods when we last met ;) and i was right as a couple i know of have had to go back and one for a full refund,

Pete

could you give an idea of sound attenuation / weight / of the Spartan compared to other brands - I am looking for a new mod in 30 cal and this is on my list of possibles.

Any idea what is the max diameter barrel that the unit will accept, the rifle its intended for has a .900" muzzle?

Pete

could you give an idea of sound attenuation / weight / of the Spartan compared to other brands - I am looking for a new mod in 30 cal and this is on my list of possibles.

Any idea what is the max diameter barrel that the unit will accept, the rifle its intended for has a .900" muzzle?
Andy
leave it with me i will post a few photos with dia,I thought you delt with Craig and you would have seen these already ? ,as to sound there not the quietest (we all know a T8 is) but its on par with everything else out there

Thanks,

yes I do deal with Craig (top man) but wasn't aware of these mods - I am now and its always good to have someones opinion who er, "isnt afraid to pull punches"

I am more bothered about compactness and can live with slightly less attenuation - it will be on a 308 for multiples, on hinds from a static position.

Low(ish) weight, compactness and then attenuation are the factors for me.

Last edited:

My friend has put one his tikka super varmint, not sure what the diameter is of the heavy barrel, but he machined the rear bush to the correct size when he went to pick it up. So you shouldn't have a problem. Sound wise it ain't bad, have you thought about the http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http:...IoAjAF&usg=AFQjCNEpEzCaViP0MEGnwrs3obdlz78eggASE Northstar mod. I got one on my tikka varmint and there is no rear bush to mark your barrel. I like it and it's smaller than you think when you get it.

Hi pete
thanks for the info, looks well made and not bothered in not the quietest.
It will save me lugging my Bat around Dumfries, when the spartan is fitted.
Is there any plans for a munty weekend next year?
Regards
bootneck

Back