Thread: ThermaCell

Has anyone tried one of the ThermaCell midge deterrents??

I was thinking it maybe just the thing for taking to the highseat and using in the caravan later on.

Bought mine in Canada last year its a belting piece of equipment works best in a high seat or a doe box if there is a wind it does not work well but neither do the midges.

Weird how i have had the exact opposite experience to Sikadog. Used one last season and got bit to buggery.

It would occassionally work if completely static and not a puff of air but in other times the conditions were the same and the midgies would bore right in. What really pissed me off during these occassions was how expensive it was to run and yet still getting hammered.

just come back from a week near newton stewart, thermacell worked really well when i had been stationary for appx 5 minutes. can definately recomend it. not sure that the pads last 3 hours as advertised though.

I get bit to buggery not any more insect repellent 5 quid from a supermarket

ATB Steve

I remember sitting tight in cover on the early B.A.S.C. scheme in D&G,thinking " I've got all the bases covered this time", headnet tucked into shirt, gloves tucked into jacket, socks & leggings tucked in also. a goodly spraying of deet, F**K, where's all that coming from? I neglected to sew up the vent holes in the crutch of the german army cargo trousers I was using!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I neglected to sew up the vent holes in the crutch of the german army cargo trousers I was using!!!
    Did you rush home to show the wife the swelling ?