best time to shoot bucks in the rut

mo

Having never realy experience the roe rutt as such I was wondering if the deers habbits change during the rut? Do the stay out all day to rut or stick to the same early morning/last thing when they tend to make most of there appearance? All comments adive welcome. Thanks, Mo
:thumb:

Too many variables mate.....weather, how far into the rut, the ground, how closely populated - density of bucks & does. Pay particular attention to the does as they will dictate what and where the bucks are doing.

Generally i prefer the evening but you may find your ground quieter in the early morning - no dog walkers, ramblers, etc.

best thing to do is sit out somewere with a good vantage point ie high seat over looking lots a ground and just watch and learn, take a buttalo with you, its great fun
Having never realy experience the roe rutt as such I was wondering if the deers habbits change during the rut? Do the stay out all day to rut or stick to the same early morning/last thing when they tend to make most of there appearance? All comments adive welcome. Thanks, Mo
:thumb:

The right time to shoot a Buck is when he is standing broadside on infront of you.

Whether that be morning, noon or night is anyones guess, it all depends on the weather and habits of the deer in your area.

There are no sure fire answers.

Mo first of all you need to know that Roe deer are not Dawn and dusk Animals and are more active at night than at any other time.You will catch them out first thing in the morning and at very last light. During the rut its at any time like a teenager with an erection they cant help it and need to full fill there desinty. Like said go out at any time you want sit for 3/4 hours if there is a doe in the area you can bet your money on it there will be a buck there also. So look for a deer and stand still for as long as it takes. You stalk deer ,you ambush a rutting buck. Happy days for some but i will sit this one out for a change.:lol:

Last edited:
Back