Visitors Permit

Boghossian

Hi
I've booked a week of stalking with the FC to share with my father this September. We will both stalking together and using my rifles. The FC guide informs me that we need to sort out a visitors FAC for my father, even though he will be borrowing rifles on my certificate.
Is this the case? I assumed he could borrow them as long as we stayed within sight/earshot etc.

Hi
I've booked a week of stalking with the FC to share with my father this September. We will both stalking together and using my rifles. The FC guide informs me that we need to sort out a visitors FAC for my father, even though he will be borrowing rifles on my certificate.
Is this the case? I assumed he could borrow them as long as we stayed within sight/earshot etc.

Whilst what you are proposing happens quite often its against the law, your father can only use your rifles if he has a
certificate and the rifles are on it, he could borrow a rifle from the F.C guide under the estate rifle exemption.

The F.C may choose not to use this facility due to it being a grey area, hence their request for him to obtain a F.AC.

Back