Peltor Electronic Ear Defenders

scrun63

Hi

Can anyone direct me to a firm/person that repairs electronic ear defenders?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Andrew, what is the problem with your Peltors? the reason that I ask is that I had a pair 10 years ago that were brilliant and lasted ages, I then got another pair of Peltor Sportacs from work and they stopped working in no time, sent them back to The Sportsman and had them replaced. Now the new ones have let me down too. Just trying to summon up the energy to do battle with the shop to get our money back. I think that both Peltor and the UK retailers are aware that the wheels have fallen off and they should repair, refund or replace if you push them. JC

Hi JC

Mine were bought about 8 years ago, so i don't I have any recourse and cant really complain. Though I did have to send them back to GMK (importers) after a few months because they died on me. Now one of the microphones doesnt work so i only have left hand hearing which is a bit disconcerting in the field, but doesnt effect my target shooting. Just means i go to the left of the bloke who knows everything and can happily ignore his advice :D

How long ago did you buy yours? If it was less than 6 months the seller has to prove that the goods werent faulty - the onus is on them not you. After that time period it becomes a little harder, but should still be fairly straight forward. If you need any guidance i'm happy to help, as i'm a lawyer, but in a different discipline, but it shouldnt take me long to jen up on Consumer Law, Carbolic Smoke Ball and all that :eek:/

And are you saying Peltor quality isnt very good any more ? Because if i couldnt repair I was going to replace with a set of Peltor Sport Tac

ATB

Andrew

Fair enough, I would say that 8 years is pretty good going for any electrical item these days. I can only go by my own experience but I would definitely say that Peltor have gone downhill. Others may have a different opinion. It would be usefull to hear peoples views on good and bad electronic ear defenders. What do you all reckon? JC

Andrew, what is the problem with your Peltors? the reason that I ask is that I had a pair 10 years ago that were brilliant and lasted ages, I then got another pair of Peltor Sportacs from work and they stopped working in no time, sent them back to The Sportsman and had them replaced. Now the new ones have let me down too. Just trying to summon up the energy to do battle with the shop to get our money back. I think that both Peltor and the UK retailers are aware that the wheels have fallen off and they should repair, refund or replace if you push them. JC

JC, I was looking for Peltor SportTac at the Exeter branch of The Sportsman yesterday, but was offered the Tactical Sport version instead. I decided not to purchase but to carry out some further research to see if there was a difference or not, and then found this thread. Was it the Tactical Sport version that you had trouble with ?

JC, I was looking for Peltor SportTac at the Exeter branch of The Sportsman yesterday, but was offered the Tactical Sport version instead. I decided not to purchase but to carry out some further research to see if there was a difference or not, and then found this thread. Was it the Tactical Sport version that you had trouble with ?

Not sure, they came with orange and black covers, i'll have a look later. JC

Yes, just looked, Tactical Sport. I don't really know why they should be troublesome as the technology is pretty old now and Peltor were the market leaders, maybe i've just been unlucky. JC

JC, thanks for looking. I think I will give the Tectical Sport version a miss and go for the SportTac version. At least I can see that the SportTac version will link into my Icom private radio.

I got the Tactical sport so that I could plug my ipod into them which sort of worked but it wasn't brilliant. To be honest, I still reach for my old, basic pistol muffs most of the time. I quite like the electronic ones for range work and clay shooting but can probably live without them. JC

I,ve been using the Peltor sport Tac for 4 year now. No problem with them so far. I use them on the range and all the time I'm hunting. The good thing is i can plug my hunting radio into them. Also being a bit deaf i can hear the dog working.

WWW.prokennel.se

Back