whats the worst thing thats happened

calmac

whats the worst thing thats happened to you when out stalking?? mine is a few months ago was out stalking with range master and midgies were killing me so before dusk headed back to jeep to find my remote wouldnt open doors so after a good wile trying to sort it out ended up having to smash glass so muggins here smashed smallest 1/4 lite in rear door stuck hand in and couldnt open rear door as no realese button then ended up having to smash big d/side window just to get in.. when i got home pressed remote and the bloody thing locked the doors pressed it again & it opened them so was fuming.. next day rang auto glass and they said for the price of the smallest glass wich i didnt have to smash it would have been cheeper to smash every window in the vehicle than to replace the wee 1 :doh:.... so can anyone out their beat that?????

I read or heard somewhere that 40% of AA/RAC callouts are to central locking/imobiliser issues, 40% are to flat tyres where the owner is unable or can't be bothered to fit the spare and the rest are to breakdowns, accidents and people that have run out of fuel. I had a similar situation with being locked out of my car deep in the forest, I decided to chill out for ten mins and try again and it opened first time! JC

my son is a radio ham and we had just parked in a shopping centre, A couple parked a few bays away and my son said watch this, as the chap went to lock his car my son pressed the ptt on his radio and it disabled the cars locking system. it seems that the locking frequence is close to the amature radio band and a transmitter in the area can swamp the key fob signal, so do as JC did wait a while. Cheers Geoff

I had someone else smash my windows for me!:evil:
Just curious though - why didn't you use the key to open the door??!!:confused:
MS:)

yes the frequencie we use on the ham bands are the same as the key fobs, there is so many different things that use the ham bands be it military, low powered devices, etc etc the freq in question is 433.100mhz.

it is quite comical doing it in car parks, always worth a laugh

One of the worst things that i have done and i suppose we have all done it is.I got up at 2.30 am drove to my stalking for an hour . Got there only to find i had left my bolt of my rifle behind ! I decided to have a walk around without the rifle ,looking down aride at 60m the biggest Fallow buck i have ever seen on that ground. I also have a friend i stalk with ,we drove 4 hours for a weekend stalk , Only to find he had a .308 rifle and .243 ammo i couldnt help as i had a65x55 . As they say s--t happens .

The worst think recently is when my stalking friend locked himself out of his 4x4,I was out in the forest stalking a deer and suddenly i get a call from the baffoon screaming help,this scared the deer off ,so off i went back to where the 4x4 was parked ,as I got to within a few hundred yards, I witnessed this crazed man smashing up the pickup ,I shouted stop vandalising that vehicle, no answer, ,I sneaked forward to within 50 yards realised this crazed man was non other than my friendly stalking mate,he must have took one of them outer body experience things he wasnt himself,he was sweating, panting, blood on his hands,rocks all over the place,he had smashed the windows in his 4x4 he was shouting and screaming and i think he had ****ed himself but I didnt want to comment on that one

sounds like your mate shouldn't be in posetion of fire arms if he can get in that sort of state.

Might sound Harsh but..........

Dave

sounds like your mate shouldn't be in posetion of fire arms if he can get in that sort of state.

Dave

Are you being serious?my mate is the most safest person with a firearm stalked with him 100s of times where is your sence of humour it was exaggerated obviously

The worst thing that has happened to me, and I'm sure I've mentioned it before, wasn't really all that bad.

I was out stalking Deer on one of my shoots and came across a lovely Roe. Not all that far away, maybe 60 yards. I got down on the bipod (no need but sometimes I like to watch them for a while before I shoot them) and watched. Well that was a mistake. A couple of minutes later a Squirrel hopped across the bank behind the Deer. On this ground the Deer are ok but Squirrel has to go. I'd lose my permission if the boss found out I'd let a Squirrel go. So, crosshairs over the Deers back and boom. A very dead Squirrel, a wasted 6.5x55 round and a disappearing Deer!

Oh well. From reading the above posts it could be worse. I'm quite glad I've led such an easy life so far!

Dave

Yes it was a bit harsh insinuating a fellow stalker shouldnt have an FC now is it devilish in a fun way or devilish as in like a devil

we wont mension when you got lost eh?? now that would be a great threat!!
The worst think recently is when my stalking friend locked himself out of his 4x4,I was out in the forest stalking a deer and suddenly i get a call from the baffoon screaming help,this scared the deer off ,so off i went back to where the 4x4 was parked ,as I got to within a few hundred yards, I witnessed this crazed man smashing up the pickup ,I shouted stop vandalising that vehicle, no answer, ,I sneaked forward to within 50 yards realised this crazed man was non other than my friendly stalking mate,he must have took one of them outer body experience things he wasnt himself,he was sweating, panting, blood on his hands,rocks all over the place,he had smashed the windows in his 4x4 he was shouting and screaming and i think he had ****ed himself but I didnt want to comment on that one

Mate of mine was shooting rabbits with a scoped .22 all dressed in camo during the day. As he was walking back to the car he passed a walker and said hello, wanting to keep on the right side of the public. 15 minutes later he gets to his car and hears a helicopter overhead. Loud speaker ....." put the gun on the bonnet of the car and move away " He thinks it's a windup, so carries on getting ready to go. Again " put the gun on the bonnet and move away NOW !!" He looks up and a Police Heilcopter is above him. As he puts the gun down 2 police cars come tearing into the car park. After the coppers had calmed down - they didnt even taser him :D - they saw he had an FAC, insurance and permission to shoot on the land and how they all laughed :rolleyes::banghead::D

Put down as NFA - Thats the Notts force for you - hard but fair

Scrun

Not stalking related but i was out shooting.

Out wildfowling in an Essex marsh about 6yrs ago with the dog. Headed out onto the mud at about 4am and arrived at my chosen hide position, set up and settled down for a short doze before the flight - the dog would wake me for the flight. Unfortunately i started to feel really sick and dizzy. I just kept getting worse and worse.
I dumped the hide netting, decoys, bucket seat and staggered off to a small island a few hundred yards away where i knew i'd be safe from the tide. I lay on that little island is misery, vomitting all over myself throughout that morning flight and the whole of the next tide. The dog, bless him lay next to me all day keeping me as warm as he could and never left my side.

I eventually staggered off the island that afternoon and took an age to slog back across the mud. I basically got to the car, slung the gun in the boot and collapsed again in the car. I eventually phoned a mate who brought his son down and took me home. I knew i couldn't call the wife as she'd just loose the plot and be useless.

I had made the original mistake of leaving my mobile in the car. i now always take my phone.

The doctor later diagnosed it as food poisoning from the pizza i'd eaten the night before.

THE 2ND WORST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED IS POSTING THIS THREAD!!! this has opened a rite can o worms, just for the record devilishdave r/master must have grown a sence of humour over nite, he was i think trying to be funny in his threat, so when you go to bed tonight i hope you grow a sence of humour also!!!
Are you being serious?my mate is the most safest person with a firearm stalked with him 100s of times where is your sence of humour it was exaggerated obviously

I just assumed Range Master was ********ting and then attempted to make it a joke when you reacted Calmac. His original post certainly didn't read as a joke.

hey ill tell you it must have been bad mate nothing worse than food poisoning, here is another 1 for thread myself & range master were lamping a really badly infested farm over run with rats, we had a real good 4-5 hours shooting the wee blighters with 22 shot, we then went outside & round the back their was thousands running round a big silo i dont think for years & years anyone had been their as it was over run with weeds, nettles etc well i didnt see a very thin board covering the top of a large ventelation shaft stood on it and fell about 10 foot breaking all my ribs & puncturing a lung, R/M thought i was brown bread, he pulled me out and i dusted myself of and continued shooting for hour or so in loads a pain, when got home i was holding the tears back took my top off & their was ribs sticking out all over 10 years later im still in pain with the bloody thing
Not stalking related but i was out shooting.

Out wildfowling in an Essex marsh about 6yrs ago with the dog. Headed out onto the mud at about 4am and arrived at my chosen hide position, set up and settled down for a short doze before the flight - the dog would wake me for the flight. Unfortunately i started to feel really sick and dizzy. I just kept getting worse and worse.
I dumped the hide netting, decoys, bucket seat and staggered off to a small island a few hundred yards away where i knew i'd be safe from the tide. I lay on that little island is misery, vomitting all over myself throughout that morning flight and the whole of the next tide. The dog, bless him lay next to me all day keeping me as warm as he could and never left my side.

I eventually staggered off the island that afternoon and took an age to slog back across the mud. I basically got to the car, slung the gun in the boot and collapsed again in the car. I eventually phoned a mate who brought his son down and took me home. I knew i couldn't call the wife as she'd just loose the plot and be useless.

I had made the original mistake of leaving my mobile in the car. i now always take my phone.

The doctor later diagnosed it as food poisoning from the pizza i'd eaten the night before.

Back