Thread: deer calls

deer calls

hi all, do any of you guys know of a website where i can listen to some roe calls, having never tried to call roe it would be nice to hear what sort of noises I`m sposed to me making also it may just help to explain to my 3 year old why daddy is walking round the house blowing on a twig and making noises like he just trod on a frog.

many thanks Matt

try youtube,

Have a look on this site at a post Wayne Davies put on "Andys Buck" it will start you off it was working for them.

As already said, Youtube has some examples, although you don't need to splash out on a set of expensive continental dodads to get a result.

Just this morning I called a buck into within 30 metres of where the dog and I were standing on a woodland ride using a blade of grass stretched between my thumbs - just watching not shooting today! It'll work provided you don't blow too hard and make it screech like a rabbit in distress.

Hollowed out wooden clothes pegs with a piece of hard plastic film 'reed' held in place by rubber bands makes an acceptable and more permanent call as well.

yep youtube is the boy, the bees nd knees

I would go with a wee bit of youtube research myself