Bullets & Heads

This is a pet hate of mine to, a peruse of the Sportsmangun website makes me understand why the term is becoming so prolific.
At the CLA I asked a chap if they sold bullets, he produced a box of cartridges, I said "no, for reloading", he said, "what, just the heads?"... I could only say "yes, just the heads".

I usually say "no, the other end of the case". Goes down like a lead balloon but oh well! Since when has the headstamp been on the bullet?!

& if you think that we, the shooting fraternity, have problems with the whole bullet / head / cartridge thing, the quality of reporting in the mainstream media is even worse. This little gem comes from Agence France-Presse...

Tuesday August 14, 2007: An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City

afp_iraq_bullet-1.jpg

The whole thing ended up being explained in words of one syllable or less (so that reporters might understand) by The Dissident Frogman. If you have a few minutes, his video is worth a watch

Back