Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Aberdeenshire

Hello from Aberdeenshire

Hi everyone,

I have lurked and dipped in and out for a while, decided I like the content and tone so here I am. I am based in Aberdeenshire, about 30 miles north of Aberdeen itself. I am an active target shooter, and have been stalking roe with varying degrees of sucess for a number of years. I hold DSC Level 1, and currently have a woodland permission near Inverurie. My background is in aircraft maintenance although I now work in the oil & gas support industry.

My interests include dogs, in particular Labradors. I have tried a couple of game bird syndicate seasons but it's not for me, I much prefer rifles to shotguns and the formalities and control of a sporting bird day don't appeal. My current stalking rifle is a Tikka 595 in .243 Winchester, I have just bought another in 6.5 x 55 Swedish for range use and hopefully some of the bigger deer. I have a 1916 Carl Gustav Swedish Model 1898 Mauser in this calibre that I shoot in vintage/classic military rifle competition, I appreciate the lack of recoil and accuracy.

Nice to be on board, it will be interesting to hear from anyone in this neck of the woods.

welcome aboard martin i do alot or stalking around your neck of the woods from crathie right up to banchory mainly roe but some or my ground has reds on it.

Welcome to the board, are you a bowler by any chance,

Hi Jim,

Sorry, I'm not a bowler. I have tried 10 pin once or twice, it's a fun night out with the troops from work but that's the extent of my experience.

Hi Martin and welcome.

Been up to Aberdeenshire a good few times after Geese and there seems to be plenty good Roe in your area.

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    Hi Martin

Which companies in Aberdeen did you work for, am also an Aircraft Engineer.

Hi fella.About 20 miles north of you.Nice to see someone local.Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapinschaw View Post
    Hi Jim,

Sorry, I'm not a bowler. I have tried 10 pin once or twice, it's a fun night out with the troops from work but that's the extent of my experience.

Just wondered, wappenshaw is a lawn bowling term. I see from google your spelling is shooting related, Jim

hi martin
    just south of a/deen good to have you on board

Hi Martin,

I am in the west end of Aberdeen and stalk in the Shire near Alford and Banchory. Rather nice to have a few SD members in this neck of the woods.

Are you in the Aberdeen Full Bore club and if so will no doubt meet up at Drums ?