airline approved case

second that bought a winchester from SGC, air france buggered mine and my mates one but another mates storm sailed throu, choose wisely as they are large and when we arrived next year we couldn't get them all in the vehicle.deerwarden

Hmmm I have a single rifle case by Napier, same as the Winchester branded one. It has a few dents in it thanks to the baggage apes but it has been through Gatwick's apes twice and Lambert international St Louis twice and Cincinnati airport twice. I would not be too worried about using it again.

Hmmm I have a single rifle case by Napier, same as the Winchester branded one. It has a few dents in it thanks to the baggage apes but it has been through Gatwick's apes twice and Lambert international St Louis twice and Cincinnati airport twice. I would not be too worried about using it again.

Get some alli sheet cut to size and sticafix the cut panels to the inside of the Napier case. Especially the top and bottom This has the effect of stiffening the panels and if done correctly forms a fabricated alli box inside the plastic Napier outer shell with very little added weight.

Peli cases are the way to go, expensive but utterly indestructible. I get mine from waterproofcases.co.uk

After much trepidation I got a Peli and if anything breaks that I'll run:) because they must be some Goliath or mad Titan:D
I got mine from a Marine shop in Poole and at a fair price too:)
Mind you, the Sportsman is doing the Storm case which is almost identical.
I also got a couple of spare sheets of Foam from 'E Foam' next day delivery and a good price too so if I wanted to I could cut out a different profile for a different rifle and use the same case.

Guys,

Just remember that when you get off the plane at the other end you have to fit it all in a vehicle.

Stan

Back