A word of warning to honest, genuine people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sako85

Most of us, myself included are honest, genuine people. I am fortuate that I am in a reasonably good situation finanically and with stalking.

I always try and help people out who are either more or less fortunate and try and treat everyone the same.

If people perhaps havn't got the time or financial resources then I'll always try and help them out, even if I don't know them.

I am not going to name names but I did this with one member off here letting him take something before paying a penny, then recieved 1st half of money a few months later but never the 2nd lot.

It wasn't a great amount of money but kind of takes the mick ( same value as say a tractor drivers weekly wages).
Will I continue to do this in the future? Yes but only to people I know and trust.

Sako name him or her mate payment to others will be short so while it might not help you it might help others. Hope you get it sorted and when any one buys off the internet some one needs to trust some one .I am luckie i have never been stung and will not sting anyone.

I can't own a dog right now but I do love petting dogs belonging people I know. Last Christmas a nice, happy looking dachshund tried to tear my thumb off. Blood everywhere. Well, heck. I still pet dogs, but not that one.

Last year I spent a goodly bit of time and effort digging up some scarce gunparts for a fellow in another site, and sent them to him in lieu of payment. Never heard from him again. Ok. So I won't do anything for him again but it's not in my nature, not to trust someone I feel is a decent sort. I realize I'm doomed to get "burned" again at some point but I need to be true to myself.

Sorry you got stuck, and I hope that eventually you get compensated. ~Muir

Sorry to here you have been stitched up

Maybe it would be better to take half the money in the morning and payment in full at the end of the day or when all stalking is over. JMHO

Maybe the person concerned will stump up if they read your post, good luck

Max

reputation is everything in my eyes, you may not want to name and shame them but perhaps send a link to them of this thread might guilt them into squaring up with you.

When i first joined another shooting forum i was selling an air rifle, i sent it Royal Mail, it turned up with the stock smashed in half, not the way i sent it. I found a new stock and sent it to him for no extra charge leaving me out of pocket but at least i had peace of mind and a had a thanks of the buyer and a good reputation etc. i have even sent shooting related items to others free of charge if they needed something i had lying around, one good turn returns another plenty of people have helped me out shooting and i will help others where i can

but once bitten twice shy

Richard

Sorry to hear that somebody has taken advantage of you Sako. I have not seen the rifle you sent for me this week yet, still with my mate, but I am confident it will be as you say.

Shame on the person that has done this,:mad: I to hope they see this and do the right thing.

ATB

Tahr

Suggest that you name him, I think that all of us that stay honest should be aware of people like this. If I know who he is he will never come hunting with me.

Sorry to here that your goodwill has been abused. If it's a forum member then I'd give them the chance to read this and then make good. Give them a reasonable amount of time and if they don't do the right thing then name them. At least then other forum members can be aware that the individual is untrustworthy.

Maybe best to send him a P.M as a gentle reminder than to shame him as you may not be aware of the true circumstances as to why payment is not forth coming the guy could be ill, in hospital, or out of the country ,at least give him some notice before you take further steps would be my advice.

Regards
Stu

Most of us, myself included are honest, genuine people. I am fortuate that I am in a reasonably good situation finanically and with stalking.
I always try and help people out who are either more or less fortunate and try and treat everyone the same.
If people perhaps havn't got the time or financial resources then I'll always try and help them out, even if I don't know them.
I am not going to name names but I did this with one member off here letting him take something before paying a penny, then recieved 1st half of money a few months later but never the 2nd lot.
It wasn't a great amount of money but kind of takes the mick ( same value as say a tractor drivers weekly wages).
Will I continue to do this in the future? Yes but only to people I know and trust.
I'm sorry to hear that Sam. I hope it's not anybody I know :confused:

sako sorry to hear this has happened to you i think were lucky that theres more honest people on here than
the other way around
i like to think my that my word is my bond .
give him a week to put it right if not then name and shame they will find that they will lose alot more in the
long run than a amount of money bad news travels fast

regards pete .

I lost a farm I was very fond of because a guy I let onto the ground to do a bit of ferreting left a stock gate open and beasts ended up all over the main road and the police were not impressed with the farmer who was not impressed at all..

I also had a third party arrange and afternoons stalking with some lamping for rabbits who never paid up. I even ended up at the guys house because I found out that he had taken £300 from the guest and I only wanted £80 for my time and fuel. The guy wouldn't even come to the door and that was that lesson learned?

Sako,
I like you try and see the best in people and will do anything it can to help people. Most of the time people repay your trust but as I get older more and more people try to take advantage. Each time it happens you feel that bit less likely to help someone next time.

In business, if you rip someone off for $100 say. Your lose of reputation and trust could cost you $1000+++ in the future.

I say to the other person involved is that amount of money worth losing your reputation for??? Is any amount of money? You are lucky Sako is such a Gentleman and not named you. Pay up, send the Lad a Bottle of Singlle Malt as a apoligise before it gets out who you are.

sako,

i see in the threads give him a week give, him a chance buxxer that, you have felt strongly enough to bring this to our attention so why allow him/her the stay of execution. if he/she feels they have a right not to pay or quibble on price you should have had a private chat long ago about it. i assume it has not happened and bet its not your fault. those who know me know i will help anyone which leads me to being stung a few times in my life. i dont tar all as baddies so i still help everyone i can. i hate people who do this to genuine folk and hope you get it sorted mate.

good luck S,
frank

Okay Sam..

Fair enough bud and i dont know the guy your refering to, but on the other foot.

How many times did you offer to take me out and let me down??

Id booked the time off work on one occasion and just a couple of days before we were due to leave i was let down.

We had some good outings mate but in the end i had a lot of let downs and broken promises..

Terry

hands up
SAM(sako85) is refering to me what he is not saying is!
that after shooting the animal SAM came to stalk on my ground in birmingham ,no he was not lucky enough to shot a munty but i still went out my way for him,
and now after he tryed poaching the ground i and dancoventry have in suffolk well lets just say the dummy as been well and truely been spat!
because he was found out !
to all that no me and have meet me or even due to i am not some 1 who dont pay my way and never intend to be.
if by all means sam you would like to ring me then you have my number
cheers lee

Well done Lee forcoming forward. This is the reason I do nt do debt collecting anymore. Two side to any story.

Their is only two poeple who can sort thsi out you and Sam and you need to do it face to face and in private. Not on this thread because other people will get dragged in.

Hope you both get it sorted and end up shaking hands-life's too short.

I see threads like this all the time on various forums, its petty at best!

The OP has the "accused's" number/details yet still puts up a thread to have a dig.

I thought we were grown ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back