land gone

as far as i can see there is no law about losing the land named on your ticket
as this is a condition named on it then you would need to inform FLO of any changes that affect the conditions set on your ticket , failing to do so could cause problems
this is not the end of the world as you know it
from what i understand you can use a range as named ground or if you hav written invites for stalking or hav proof that you hav booked for future stalking that also can be used for named ground as such,
in this situation i would speak to my FLO talk to him to see what his veiws are then go from there , depending on how long you hav held a ticket he may advise you to join a club or range and then issue you with an open ticket for any invites or days stalking you hav booked
talk to them , they are there to help aswell honest

land

the land is on my variation form just gone in, well been there a long time now.
i've only been out on bought days with the estate rifle.
The land im going to lose i've shot over for years,rabbits,pigeon duck,etc

once the gentlemen found out i was taking up stalking he offered the stalking/fox there two,not many deer on it ,but he said if it helps you get the ticket.

As time as gone on his health as gone down hill and it looks like the land as been bought by a equestrain center. :cry:

so im not sure how i come off,i've put on my variation ,for the use of fox and deer control.
:confused:

tolley
one piece of ground i stalk on has a small equestrian stables on it , we seem to get on just fine, even lamping the rabbits on the paddocks where the horses are stabled, just hav to approach the one in charge for a chat to see what goes on
good luck
stone

Rabbit holes

Tolley,
It might be a good buzz (if you have trouble with your horsey folks) to point out that rabiits burrow. And horses break legs in burrows.
Just a thought.

up date

the farm i lost has said they will ring me after a few months ,so might be ok. :)
But since then i've hit the jack pot on the land front,just got 700 acres of fox, deer ,shooting. :D
jsut one thing the blod has givern me a form for the land owner to fill in.
IF FIRARMS ARE INTENTED FOR THE USE ON LAND FOR VERMIN CONTROL OR OTHER SPORTING PURPOSES,ETC

IT IS CONFIRMED THAT AS THE LAND OWNER I GIVE MY PERMISSION FOR ME :D TO USE THE FOLLOWING FIREARMS ------------------------------------------- FOR THE PURPOSES-------------------------

WOULD FULL BORE BE OK AND COVER ALL OR SHOULD I PUT THE CALIBRE I USE DOWN,JUST THINKING OF IN THE FURTURE THE LAND HAS BEEN USE BEFORE WITH A 308 FOR DEER AND IS VERY HILLY

Re: up date

"IT IS CONFIRMED THAT AS THE LAND OWNER I GIVE MY PERMISSION FOR ME :D TO USE THE FOLLOWING FIREARMS ------------------------------------------- FOR THE PURPOSES-------------------------"

I would write in there "Up to and including .308

This would cover you for everything.

TJ

30 cal, .308 .30-06 .303 30-30 aaaaargggggghhhhhhhhh

I recently had my local FEO pop and visit me to do some surveys for a guy i am mentoring. :eek: i talked to him about the chaps choice of .270 win for stalking and then we talked about .308 and others. it took ages for me to get accross that .30-06 and .308 win were the same calibre but different cartridges. It seems a popular misconception among the uninformed that there is only one cartridge per calibre. I explained how the differing case designs meant each cartridge had different characteristics ie that up to 150 gr the .308 win was quicker than .30-06, at 150 they are similar then above 150 and 165 the .30-06 is faster.

I leant him my speer manual. told him to read up the different cartridges.

i didn't even touch the 303 and 7.62 x 39 needing .311 bullets. No enough was enough.

swampy

not sure

:confused:
my new ticket has just landed :eek: no visit from the bill before hand.

not to sure what i've got :confused:
it gos like this;
the .17.22 & 6.5x55 RIFLE,SOUND MODERATORS & AMMUNiTION to which this certificate relates shall be used for VERMIN CONTROL (17.22.)& DEER CONTROL (6.5X55) AND FOR ZEROING ON RANGES ORLAND over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

theres a bit about shooting at the range club.

then;
the holder of this certificate may posses,purchase or acquire expanding ammuntion(THEY SPELT THAT WRONG)OR THE MISSILES OF SUCH AMMUNITION IN THE CALIBRES AUTHORISED BY THIS CERTIFICATE AND MAY USE SUCH AMMUNITION ONLY IN CONNECTION WITH.
1)THE LAWFUL SHOOTING OF DEER.
2)THE SHOOTING OF VERMIN OR,IN THE COURSE OF CARRYING ON ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE MANAGEMENT OF ANY OTHER WILDLIFE.
the last bit i thought they would just put fox .how you interpret the above.

The first section deals with what calibres you can have and what you can use them for.

The second deals with ammunition and the relevant uses for them.

The only problem I can see is that your 6.5 is for deer and deer only, a word with your FLO may get this sorted, as it is now accepted that stalkers may also shoot foxes with their deer rifle. You might also mention that .22 lr is not recommended for fox in the Home Office guidelines, if the mentioned 22 is a lr.

All the above is subject to correction :D

John

thanks JAYB
the bit, CONNECTION WITH THE MANAGEMENT OF ANY OTHER WILDLIFE
would that not cover foxes and maybe more.

thanks JAYB
the bit, CONNECTION WITH THE MANAGEMENT OF ANY OTHER WILDLIFE
would that not cover foxes and maybe more.
is it open?

Read it carefully " over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot. ", it does not specify any land by name so if a farmer gives you permission to shoot his land, you can. It's open.

With regard to the management of any other wildlife etc, it would seem that the first clause that specifies which rifle you can use for what, is at odds with the ammunition clause which would suggest that it includes fox.

I would still talk to my FLO and get the deer rifle authorised for fox. ACPO, I believe it was, have agreed this so there should be no problem.

John

spoke to a nice chap in the firearm dep today ,ask if my ticket was ok for fox.yes he said ,yes it got vermin and the bit about other wildlife the 17hmr will ok :eek: .
when i mentioned it was the 6.5 ,i've got to send it back in.

just left it like that ,did not won't to get in to the in and outs of the HMR.

funny thing is when i first got the HMR they said that its not suitable for foxes. :confused:
Still don't care now :lol:

Back