.22 Centre fire on Munty/CWD

v-max

Hi i was wondering how any of you in england that have these cracking little deer & shoot them or tryed shooting them with the .22CF since the law changed & how/what you thing of them.
I am in Scotland & was taught with a 222 shooting roe & found it a great wee round & 99% of the time put them down on the spot. Obviouslly cover is an issue at certian times of year as for alomost any cal of rifle but through the winter & into spring when you can use the 22Cf to good effect what/how you guys rate them for the job??.
I work a 22.250 alot through the winter & spring & homeload with Lapua 55g sp & get on great with very odd runners & highly rate the 22cf for roe just wondering what others think sice the law changed to use them on munty/CWD what yous recon to there use on deer now.

Friend of mine reckons 22-250 is THE roe calibre for Scotland and that is what it should have really been invented for. If it ever applies to England/ Wales, I will def. get another just for roe.

Im shooting a 22.250 in England and Wales on Foxes and love the calibre. Would really like to give it a tray on deer and will hopefully arrange a day later this year.

Shot quite a few muntjac with my 22-250 with home loads using 55gr Sierra Gamekings. Works really well, no problem.

ATB

T

As with any calibre but more so.....bullet construction and shot placement. Make sure that you've got your willpower with you given that fallow, and to a certain extent roe, abound in most of the areas where there are muntjac and cwd. JC

As with any calibre but more so.....bullet construction and shot placement. Make sure that you've got your willpower with you given that fallow, and to a certain extent roe, abound in most of the areas where there are muntjac and cwd. JC

:tiphat: :tiphat: :thumb:

I have shot munties,roe and cwd with a .22.250 with know problems in fact it is probaly the ideal round for smaller deer.I also know a guy who used to keeper in ireland before they changed the calibre laws who used to cull sika with a 220 swift,I think i would still prefer the old .270 for sika though.
ATB SEAN

Back