Butcher it yourself

Personaly I thought it a good video and I butcher my deer in much the same way... no gloves (my butcher never uses them) just wash my hands first, clean apron. Chain mail left hand glove can be useful if you clumsy (I could have done with one a few times).

Sterile surfaces, waste bin to lob bits in pretty tidy job I would say. Cannot see the H&S issues mentioned above!

I used this series when I butchered my first carcase as well. I found it hugely helpfull and was very easy to repeat.

Seems ok to me i dont use gloves when butchering i like to feel the grip of the knife.A good wash and the correct soap.

If your worried about buchery the BASC run course, i have booked myself on one to brush up and it seems you need peicies of paper for everything these days!

anyone know a cheap place for the red chopping block he uses for the video, prefer a contact rather than the usual try a butchery supplies ..

cheers f.

hi mate try cromwell tools,they are good value i got a boning knife and butchers knife exellent.wayne

just tried online but couldnt find them i know they are in there i will look through the book tommorrow and giveyou a price,wayne

Back