MOY GAME FAIR 6th and 7th Aug

User00004

Just wondering who is going? I'lll be there on Friday (Tomorrow), dragging my Dad around. Anyone else going who fancies meeting up for a burger?

TJ

I always go when I'm home, went last year, great day.

Offshore just now, hope you get the weather folks.

Dont forget to buy your burger from the SGA tent!!!!!!

may go tomorrow as i am in inverness area for a few days... wheres moy........ no seriously where abouts is it looked at web and there is no actual directions that i seen (unless i missed them)

cheers f.

See told you its in the middle of no were only the hardy islanders make it there. PS pay Ian Clark a visit on the SACS stand and say hello.

TJ
Me, Ian, Smithy and Dominic will be there tomorrow (Saturday)

CBS. Its nine miles south/west of Inverness along the A9 easy peesy to find, just follow the signs.

Alan

Went today, weather not great, a few showers. Not particularly busy, but also thought it wasn't that good. Not been for 3 years due to work but maby I was expecting too much, the last Game Fair I was at was the CLA in 08. No comparison........

Hope you enjoy tomorrow, I have to work!!!!!

TJ

Went today, weather not great, a few showers. Not particularly busy, but also thought it wasn't that good. Not been for 3 years due to work but maby I was expecting too much, the last Game Fair I was at was the CLA in 08. No comparison........

Hope you enjoy tomorrow, I have to work!!!!!

TJ

ended up in landmark today so never made it, seen lots of cars exiting as i was stopped on the A9 by the local constabulary to allow them out... shame i missed it... as my wife said it was my sons birthday today so he took priority..... bahumbug ha ha

I went on Saturday,220 mile round trip, and it will be a few years before I go back. Just the exact same as 2 years ago, exact same stands with the same jackets hanging where they were 2 years ago. The main rain was as near as damd the same as well. Went to see someone at the deer commission and found them under the SNH banner, which was depressing.

Just back today from overnight after Moy and i won't be going back... full of 20 somethings out there heads on £3.25 Tennents lager and most of the stalls selling wooly things and silver jewelery and investment bankers with pink trousers and rich daddies. Had a major fallout with an asshole in the carpark about my dog crapping on what was a cattle field and he must have been ages cutting the labels off all his newly purchased tweeds.. some real nobbers go now to game fairs.. one guy commented on there being too many dogs there!! ITS A GAMEFAIR, NOT A PLASTIC SURGEONS CONVENTION.

Just back today from overnight after Moy and i won't be going back... full of 20 somethings out there heads on £3.25 Tennents lager and most of the stalls selling wooly things and silver jewelery and investment bankers with pink trousers and rich daddies. Had a major fallout with an asshole in the carpark about my dog crapping on what was a cattle field and he must have been ages cutting the labels off all his newly purchased tweeds.. some real nobbers go now to game fairs.. one guy commented on there being too many dogs there!! ITS A GAMEFAIR, NOT A PLASTIC SURGEONS CONVENTION.

:lol: One of the downsides of having a blossoming upsurge of new young keepers is that they will let their hair down now and then, the tradition for Moy has always been that it is held on the last wk end before the 12th to allow keepers a bit of a breather before the season starts. it's always been a big social occassion and so it should be as long as everyone behaves:drool:, I must admit I've never driven home:oops:
We should be delighted that there are heaps of 20 somethings going along to Gamefairs, remember it was on the same weekend as Belladrum.
The carpark is that, a car park, never heard of a pooper scooper???????
Also not every dog at a Gamefair is well behaved:rolleyes: There are far too many people posing with designer breeds at fairs [in my opinion] nowadays and how many of these dogs are up to date with jabs????
Remember that it is the pink cord brigade who finance highland estates

So tell me how many blokes did you see wearing cammo gear walking roung the fair?

Spose their puple troo's were in the wash or their lurcher chewed them up!

:lol: One of the downsides of having a blossoming upsurge of new young keepers is that they will let their hair down now and then, the tradition for Moy has always been that it is held on the last wk end before the 12th to allow keepers a bit of a breather before the season starts. it's always been a big social occassion and so it should be as long as everyone behaves:drool:, I must admit I've never driven home:oops:
We should be delighted that there are heaps of 20 somethings going along to Gamefairs, remember it was on the same weekend as Belladrum.
The carpark is that, a car park, never heard of a pooper scooper???????
Also not every dog at a Gamefair is well behaved:rolleyes: There are far too many people posing with designer breeds at fairs [in my opinion] nowadays and how many of these dogs are up to date with jabs????
Remember that it is the pink cord brigade who finance highland estates

Well said, Stuart.

I was there on the Friday with my two sons and had a great day. Seemed to be more going on in the ring than I remember. Same great atmosphere, long may it continue!

Back