High Seat Cushion

@theroedeerguy

If like me you have a few wooden high seats or want to give your plastic seats a bit more warmth and comfort take a square of vets bedding which is available from most pet shops and game fairs etc. Its easy to roll up and carry, is warm and its pretty durable and machine washable..... best of all its cheap!

Ben
Youv'e already got something furry and warm up in your high seat with you,that nice looking terrier of yours!!!
All the best,
Gyr

i think steyr243 tried that method buckup,well he was making some strange sounds mate.peep peep :lol:

Hello mate, you are right! He said it was his buttolo call, more butt-chaffing I recon, still it did cause a huge stampede of deer (running away from the pong) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have been looking for one on ebay ever since :lol: :lol:
I've tried to do his way by shifting my weight from one cheek to tother but mine will only go parp and not peep, any advice?
Cheers mate,
P.S. when are you going to announce the first deer shot??
Mark

i think he eats alot of sprouts :lol: .got a couple of stalks coming up so who knows.im not saying anymore i will let you know what happens mate.peep peep :lol:

Self Inflating Cushions are available from some stalking suppliers, or at lower pricess in camping shops and ebay. They roll up into your pocket, but are wonderfully warm and comfortable when sitting in a high seat.

OK not for everyone, but the Harkila Kodiac has one on a string in the back pouch....took me a couple of outings to find it!

The Lidl shop occassionally sell small inflatable cushions for £2.99. It'll roll up into a tight roll that'll fit your pocket and expands out when released to a generous size.

There's a foam sandwich inside and covered with a waterproof covering.

The air valve is one of those types that sucks in the air as it expands so you don't even have to blow it up.

Cheap, comfy and packable.

I build in a layer of sleeping bag underlay into the seats of all my highseats, the stuff that reflects your bodyheat.

It's cheap, warm as toast and easy to get from any good camping store.

R.H.

I use a self inflating camo cushion, comes complete with shoulder strap. Brilliant bit of kit, got it from Corbreighton Enterprises at the Midland GF some years ago cost £10, see their web site. Use it for all sorts of things and certainly keeps bum warm and dry!

D

I use the Deerhunter fold up pad it fits in the pocket and is durable as I have been using mine since 2002.

Hight seats are terrible places to spend a few hours, we make ours from steel tube with a shooting rail all round and a lid on the top, we fit the rail with cammo netting and pipe insulation, the acid test is can you get to sleep in one, if not it is too uncomfortable! we fit the seat board so it can be tipped up when you leave so it is dry for next visit.
The very best seat I ever saw was in Sweden where you climbed up into this hut about 12 ft square with a bench all round the inside and drop down windows so you could opt to shut the windy side, in the middle was a stove to keep your back warm, at the bottom of the ladder was another hut with beds and cooking kit.
They know how to do it!

The Lidl shop occassionally sell small inflatable cushions for £2.99. It'll roll up into a tight roll that'll fit your pocket and expands out when released to a generous size.

There's a foam sandwich inside and covered with a waterproof covering.

The air valve is one of those types that sucks in the air as it expands so you don't even have to blow it up.

Cheap, comfy and packable.

Bloody ingenious those Germans.

I keep a couple of empty wine box bladders in the door pocket of the truck. They fold up to about the size of a man's handkerchief, and work really well.

You get them free but you have to pay for the wine.;)

Back