Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC II Questions

DSC II Questions

My portfolio is on it's way to the internal verifyer.

I am aware that I should expect a call from him in the next few weeks.

I am wondering what sort of questions he may throw at me. He could be sat there with a text book throwing questions at me and I really don't want to fall over at this hurdle.

I assume there are several assessors on the site now and pose the question to them as well as some of the recent awardees of the level II.

Any help would be great. I just want to be sure that there are gotcha's.

I am confident, but I have put over a years work into the portfolio and I know that Stalking and Deer management isn't a static pool of knowledge, I have learned more in the last few months and learn more each stalk. I guess I am wondering how the internal verifier aims to satisfy himself I have the level of knowledge he expects of a level II.

Kind regards all

Bugger yes I forgot all about that I remember reading it about a year ago...memory...hence my worry.

Hi arthursc,

I wasnt expecting to be contacted for some time but to my amazement the phone rang just as i was watching my two girls playing netball on a Sunday and there he was ready with the questions.

One of the girls was jumping up and down wanting some money for a drink and as all this was expained we had quite a good laugh about it all and i was put at ease.

He commented on the standard and questions in the portfolio which he had enjoyed reading and then it really was pretty straight forward.

Nothing to try and catch me out, just straight forward questions which i had posted on a previous thread but cant find.

All the best with your questions, you will be right mate

Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

so after all the hard work you put in over the stalks , can these off the cuff questions stop you being awarded a level two cert.....????

I was caught off guard by one of the questions...

'if you shot an animal and wounded it in an open flat enviroment and it went and lay down on a knoll in the middle of the field how would you despatch it with no safe background?'

My answer...

There wouldnt be a knoll in the middle of a flat field.

He saw the funny side and moved on

At the end of the day, if you are confident in your husbandry and stalking skills you have nothing to worry about
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

so was that the answer he was looking

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    so was that the answer he was looking
    Im f**ked if I know!

Maybe one of our AW on here could tell us?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

I am guessing he was suggesting you might want to get your knife out and either go for thr attlas joint or the carrotid.