.308 help needed please.

Danger Mouse

Hi people, I have just had some major building work completed at home and in the process I have lost my reloading data, I need the OAL and COL for .308 and I am using Vhit 140 powder with sierra 150 sp's, so need powder weight, I think that I was using 42.2 grains but please correct me if I'm wrong or need to up it a bit.
Thanks Andy.

Sierra print a COAL of 2.750 and with Vit N140 a load of 39.9 to 44.7 for their 150 grain SPT and SBT bullets.

Vihtavuori print a COL of 2.756 with a load of N140 of 42.3 to 46.8 with the SPBT Sierra bullet. With the Sierra HPBT the published COL is 2.795 with N140 between 40.8 and 45.8

It would be worth checking these loads, I'd guess Sierra and Viht probably both publish data on their web site, in case I've made any typing errors. Needless to say you need to work up etc. etc. but hopefully this is some help.

2.8 col
150 gn bullet
44gn n140

guaranteed to work in all rifles (308's)

By work, do you mean go Bang? or give you a 'guaranteed' 4'' or less group? I like your confidence in knowing what my rifle likes! Do you know what my girlfriend would like for her birthday, that would also be useful! ;)

By work, do you mean go Bang? or give you a 'guaranteed' 4'' or less group? I like your confidence in knowing what my rifle likes! Do you know what my girlfriend would like for her birthday, that would also be useful! ;)

i'm pretty sure i could find something that your girlfriend would like - probably take me about 20 minutes:love:

Back