Vectan powder

reiver

I am looking to try this make of powder andwas woundering if any of you use vectan powders in your reloading ? or have done in the past
SP7 and tubal 2000 in particular which i plan to use for my .308 and .444.
I have being looking on the net and the price of these powders looks very good compaired to powders from the USofA and Scandinavia

Powder prices look very good to me £28.95 for SP7 and £27.95 for Tubal 2000 both for 0.5kg tubs from peter lawman:lol:

Bob

Hello

I have a stock of sp7 and have used it to reload callibers such as .303, 7.92x57mm (8x57js) and 7.62x39mm. It is a great powder and it meters very well as it has small grain size compared to some. I am about to load some .308 Win with sp7 as i have some load data for it.

Best regards

Svdsniper

I have it, sp7, specifically for my 8x60S Belgian Mauser. In fact I'd say that it is one of the few powders that works well in our smaller European cases as most American powders seem to demand compressed loads to achieve factory psecification velocity in European length cases!

There is a LOT more Vectan info on the internet than just the small manual too! Except I've lost where. But I did download a seven page manual on JUST 8x57JS and another on JUST 8x60S!

Here's one, but it is not it:

http://www.balleurope.com/recharge/index.php?langue=en

Last edited:
Reiver.
I have used VU7000 in my 243 for the last four years and found it to be excellent. Just keep your eyes on the Euro as it will affect the price. Peter Lawman normally has it in stock which is more than can be said for my local RFD. Like Enfieldspares states there is a lot of info on the web.

I always used Reloader 12 in my 308s but since its demise have turned to Tubal 3000 and find that it is virtually interchangeable. Not only in loads but is equally as good in accuacy terms - I am more than happy with it.

Qualification.
There does seem to be a little variation between batches that is more noticible than with other powders so buy 5 lbs at a time for consistancy

Back