Predator control

morgy yes used very similar when i was in iraq different vermin i know but same principle lol and yes very good and will advise them to any 1

Am I missing something? The video clearly shows a green shaft of light which if I can see it surely foxes etc can too or is the shaft of light just for the demo vid? at £300 its expensive.

I have a good lamp and dry battery pack, the cost was closer to £200.00 and of course it is a damned sight heavier to carry about than this device would be. I'm told that the laser, due to the focus does not give peripheral light, and, therefore, doesnt scare anything either side of the beam. I dont have any experience of the laser hence the question and the boar in the video dont seem to notice the green light? Can foxes see the laser beam, indeed in the first video there is no beam showing just a circle of green light on the interviewers hand?

Sorry if I am being thick here!!

Is this a light than can be used for lamping with your regular day scope (as per your usual hand held lamp) or does it require some additional NV set up?

ATB

T

from what i can make out its a torch which animals or at least pigs cant see? and doesnt need any modifications to your scope, basically a green torch with a specail bulb..........i think

from what i can make out its a torch which animals or at least pigs cant see? and doesnt need any modifications to your scope, basically a green torch with a specail bulb..........i think

my understanding is you need there scope for the light....
i dont believe its like the red filter for lamping..
the scope can see the laser light which is not visual to the animals spectrum...

thats what me thinks ... i bet the scopes a couple of quid ....

f.

i stand corrected as i followed another link on the site, this can be attached to any visual aid if required or hand held..... so it is like the red filter but a very expensive one

Last edited:
How is a filtered lamp anything like a laser ?
But the real problem is that the next size up, with a 450 yard beam is not as yet being imported.
That said, the one that is available would make a great light weight lamp for the HMR when walking about for rabbits.

Neil. :)

This is the write up on it.................

The ND3 Laser Designator uses patented technology to create true night vision and turns your scoped rifle into a night hunter. Combining a powerful, eye safe green laser diode and a precision optical collimator, the ND3 pairs with your scope and allows you to cast a bright beam of green laser light to fully illuminate targets up to 250 yards.

The patented optical collimator allows for quick, one hand, full range adjustment of beam diameter and light strength with just 180 degrees of rotation. You never have to take your eyes off the target or your hand off the trigger. High power green laser light reflects intensely off the eyes of animals allowing quick detection up to 250 yards. The ND3 works well for both night hunting and game spotting.
ND•3 - Long Distance Laser Designator

The ND3 Laser Designator is a precision optical lighting instrument using advanced green laser technology. The patented Rotary Optical Collimator allows full adjustment and control of beam diameter and intensity to focus light where you need it most. Rotating the collimator ring to minimum creates a bright micro beam of green laser light visible up to 3 miles. Rotating the collimator to more open settings provides plenty of illumination to light a trail at night or paint a target at up to 250 yards. Battery life allows you to handle any emergency with over 7 hours of continuous use.
Why Green Laser?
Green light is the most visible to the human eye (See Chart) and requires the least amount of eye adjustment at night. An eye that has adapted to daytime conditions generally has a maximum sensitivity around 555nm. Compared to the color red which optical spectrum is around 630 – 650nm our eye is closer to the Green region of the optical spectrum at 510 - 530nm.

Animal eyes are intensely illuminated by green laser light and clearly visible at extended distances when viewed through optics. For optimum night vision for hunting, pair the ND3 with a high quality variable power scope having a 40mm or larger objective lens providing maximum light transmission. The included ND3 mounting system for 1” tubes provides full adjustment for windage and elevation for scope alignment. Additional mounts for binocular, spotting scopes and weaver rails are included.

Back