A coulpe of trouble makers....

243varmint

This happened a while ago
my mother in laws neighbour has a haulage business and has a couple of fields out the back. Which have a few sheep and some chickens. His wife had seen charlie coming in and helping himself to some of the chickens in the afternoon. So he asked if I could help.

Luckily he had a loader and put a board on the tines so it was used as a makeshift high seat

Stuff047.jpg

Stuff050.jpg

So high seat in place and the waiting game started, watched a cracking sunset

Stuff053.jpg

Stuff055.jpg

It was not until last light when I saw the first one moving in the field, but there was no shot on due to it moving in and out of the sheep. By this time I was losing the light.

A few days later I was up there again and this time he had moved the sheep to another field and topped the nettles, waited for last light when I saw Charlie moving from right to left. He paused. Number one in the bag

Stuff059.jpg

Another couple of days latter up again , last light again and number 2 in the bag

Stuff120.jpg

Haven't had any problems since

Job done

Jonathon

Jonathon..

Come on bud..;)

Its times like these you need a good friend to be helping you out :lol: :lol:

No need to struggle on your own.. :lol::lol:

ATB

Terry

Chicken rustlers

Jonathon thats a nice pair of chicken rustlers youve bagged there mate, thats stopped thier antics :thumb:
In photo 2 unless its my eyes [probably] it looks like you have a barrel mounted sling fitted do you find it affects the harmonics/accuracy at all .
ATB
RICK O SHEA

nice couple foxes sorted out there then, and a good improvised high seat for the field, not exactly mobile tho:lol::lol:

I'm from Hereford too and shoot near to loeminster and we have noticed a lot of them about this time of year, next month onwards we normally see a lot of activity so they're starting early this year
was out last night seen 5 but only got a shot on 1 due to the others not being safe, will be out the weekend for them from another angle

atb Richard

Jonathon thats a nice pair of chicken rustlers youve bagged there mate, thats stopped thier antics :thumb:
In photo 2 unless its my eyes [probably] it looks like you have a barrel mounted sling fitted do you find it affects the harmonics/accuracy at all .
ATB
RICK O SHEA

RICK

No , your eye sight is perfect mate. I 'coppied' the idea from Thar off the site. It really helps the balnace when 'lugging' the heavy barrelled T3 around with a Jet Z on the end.

I have not noticed any effect on accuracy of the rifle at all, it will still shot better all day than I can.:doh:

if i do my bit right it can sub 1inch at 100m with factory rounds.

I also have the same thing on my 30-06 T3 lite.

Jonathon

Back