Monmouth Shoot postponed.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Important Notice Monmouth Shoot postponed Important Notice

Over the last week a number of shooters have informed me that for various reasons they are unable to attend the H4H shoot at Monmouth on Sunday 22nd August and have pulled out. Many others who initially indicated interest and enthusiasm for the meet simply haven’t sent me contact details or seem to think that they can simply turn up on the day if they feel like it.
Some people including CSI, Sean and Jager SA off this site have gone to a lot of effort and expense to make this event a success and have supplied trophies, prizes and targets and I feel that if we continue with only a limited number of persons their generosity will be wasted and not be properly appreciated or raise a reasonable amount for H4H. I have therefore decided, very reluctantly, that the sensible thing to do rather than cancel the event is to put the event back until October. Unfortunately it is unlikely that the weather will be as kind to us in October as it should in August.
I am particularly disappointed that this should be necessary as yesterday CSI sent me a photograph of the excellent trophy that he has purchased to present at the shoot. I am also disappointed that I will not be able to meet the members who I have communicated with over the last couple of months and to put a face to a name.

Important Notice Monmouth Shoot postponed Important Notice

But on the bright side, a portion of the fuel allowance for the Land rover re; the Monmouth visit has just made landfall at messer's Sainsbury's, Beck's Vier & Magner's pear cider, Tut Tut Tut!:norty:.................... hope the next date is going to be amenable to a few more bods!

I'm one of the guilty ones who cried off, sorry!:oops: But I do not feel able to postpone the fitting of a stent in my heart when i have been offered a date so soon after the first one I had done. The first one has made a huge difference to me so i am looking forward to the next. Perhaps I even might make it out on the hill in Scotland now, after suitable training obviously. Something to aim for.

So I am glad it is just postponed and not cancelled!!!!!

ft

By the way Finn, cider made from pears is called perry, not cider, no matter what those muppets at magners call it! The best stuff is Jerkum, made from plums in the same way as cider. It's very moorish, but lethal.

Last edited:
Back