Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you have got Gold

What do you do when you have got Gold

Guys n Gals,

For those of you whom have been successful in shooting bronze silver or gold medal heads how does this effect your shooting afterwards..

what i mean is do you have different thoughts about it all, once you have a gold medal you cant really improve on it can you, apart from points that is and every other deer after that is an inferior head.....

ps i have not shot any medal heads ha ha

Move on to malforms and so on? i neither have shot any medal heads

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    I havent shot medal heads either but out of those I have displayed , I treasure malforms the most.

I could have shot a gold medal once in my life but didnt but thats another story

I do have the set,but there are others that for one reason or another mean a lot more to me .

After gold there are 4 different levels of platinum. I just measured up one of my stags the other day. I made it 483 SCI which is apparently platinum level 4 according to the website of one of the NZ hunting outfitters. All totally meaningless of course until you have a customer.

For me it has not made any difference shooting medal heads
    I still miss as many

I actually value each stalk on it's merits and each deer taken is what I class as my trophy
    If I was to go down the Trophy Hunter route , it would not be about medals but more about the different species I would like to hunt then and it would not matter if it was Males or Females but more on what I could afford

I have only ever sent one head in just out of interest and came back as gold.Was by no means one of my best heads did not bother buying medal but did keep bit of paper.Never bothered since.Was a muntjac which is probably one of the easiest golds to get so maybe try another species but not really fussed.The stalk is more important than the trophy to me

+1 Stone.

It's the stalk for me too. I have a few heads on the wall. The smallest and crappiest were the best and the biggest and best were crap stalks. Don't know why.....just worked out that way.

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

A good friend now gone said that a hole in one is just a score on the card but you get bragging rights forever! A bit like those metal heads then....

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    What do you do when you have got Gold.....
    ...realise that the quality of the head hanging on the wall has everything to do with the deer and little to do with the stalker

O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!