Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: photographing the various lymph nodes and glands

photographing the various lymph nodes and glands

As ive been working on my level 2 portfolio for two and a half years now ive been taking pics of the various stages of the processes ive undertaken, the question i have is this ive found it hard to shoot deer and take a good clear pic of all the lymph nodes/glandes as no matter where you shoot them one or more have been damaged or non existant, so does it matter that i have pics from various deer shot to cover them....many thanks for your input...

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    does it matter that i have pics from various deer shot to cover them....many thanks for your input...
    I think the answer to 'does it matter?' is is matter to whom?

Level 2 doesn't demand you photograph all the lymph nodes in every deer. As far as I am aware the only thing you must do is demonstrate to your witness that you can locate and examine the nodes in each of the deer in your 3 witnessed culls.

If this is just a personal project to document the nodes and/or to add as additional evidence to your portfolio then I can't see how it matters if the nodes are from different deer.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

I'd suggest that, together with your AW, you decide which photos - if any - you submit as part of your portfolio. It's good that you've taken photos as supporting evidence for your DSC2, but they are not mandatory.

All the best with your portfolio

P.S. Alex's answer is much better.....
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Last edited by 6pointer; 22-08-2010 at 17:12.

The pictures you are taking have no relevance to the acheivement of your DSC2 award. As an assessor the only evidence that is required is the signature of your AW to say that he/she has witnessed you perform the gralloch and inspect the lmpyh nodes to the required standard, along with a supplementary question if needed. The photographs are not beneficial as they cannot prove that you personally found the nodes or did the gralloch. Sorry I don't mean to be harsh.

Can I ask if you discussed this with your assessor before you started completing your portfolio?

Please feel free to ask any further queries you may have

You need to ideally inspect in every deer counting towards your portfolio the Mesenteric lymph node chain, Sub-maxillary lymph nodes and Retropharyngeal lymph nodes. If some are damged then there are other nodes to inspect which helps show your depth of knowlege. Photo evidence is a good way to show how cleanly you can carry out your inspection but it's only needed once if you include them. This is what you want really but you need some training if you're not sure about nodes. AW's will always let you know what they expect if you ask.

Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 19-08-2010 at 12:19.

Last edited by 6pointer; 22-08-2010 at 17:10.

Ive photographed all of the glands over two stalks as some were damaged on both occasions just wondered if it would make a differance and it looks like it dosent, thanks for your replys this was only for my benifit, the gentlemen that have witnessed my stalks so far have not asked me to take photos this is my own preferance as i document most things with pictures for referance and to look back on, i was going to add some pics to the portfollio and i know that the happiness of the witness on the day that im able to do it should be whats needed, it was just something extra i spose but thanks again...
    Last edited by apollo; 19-08-2010 at 13:17.

The AW signs them and then it's confirmed in the phone call if needed.

ps. it's not my nail varnish honey...

I have always advised not to use photos unless something abnormal is found.(less been more).
    The new system should be more witness trust worthy and cut out alot of this as if we see you perform our "word" should be enough to say we have seen you perform. And just sign off that p.c. without having to ask so many often stupid questions.
    Lets see I haven't seen a new one yet.
    The assessors should ask more questions to fill in any gaps they are not happy with.