Thread: Nosler 95gn Silvertips

Nosler 95gn Silvertips

Hi guys,

anyone used these for deer? Ive just found a near full box of them in my ammo cabinet.. I must have bought them for foxes..

I have shot 60 or 70 roe a muntjack and a couple of sika with them and they have never let me down.

I purchased four boxes of these because my local RFD struggled to get anything I wanted.

During the last three years I have used them on roe only and have never had a beast ask to speak to the complaints department.

In the words of the advert they do exactly what it says on the tin. An excellent bullet.

What a pity my RFD claims he cannot get anymore.

Have they stopped production of them now? what was carcass damage like with chest shots?

there is a reasonable amount of bruising but if you put it in the right place there is not that much meat there on a roe any way.

I believe they are still in production under the CT label which is part of Nosler. It is just far too difficult for my RFD to order them. It is a problem we have north of the border. Why do some people make life difficult.

Damage wasn't an issue. OK if you hit a rib then the exit wound was larger but still acceptable. If you hit a shoulder then damage was significant.

I am down the road in three weeks and will endeavour to replenish stocks.

A good Roe round.......also good on foxes......Reloading Solutions have bucket loads of them.

ive got 50 heads so will make them up and see how i get on, think i will stick with my tried and tested BTSP on the whole though, cheaper too!